• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

admixture's

Migrated topic.

polytrip

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
What are your favorite admixture's?
I do like mushrooms, as they are a powerfull booster of DMT and psychedelic by themselves. I do not like theobromine and LSA that much as admixture.

Chaliponga i only like in small amounts since the stuff usually contains an awfull lot of 5-MeO-DMT, wich in too large amounts sort of gives me the creeps.

I have no experience with tobacco, but as a retired smoker i naturally stay away from that stuff.

I have never used datura with ayahuasca, but with LSD i know it to work very well.

A small amount of rue, added to a caapi brew, enhances the caapi effects significantly while it doesn't cause nausea. I think that passionflower would do the same.

I'm interested in vasolidating compounds such as gingko. Gngko has a subtle effect, but doesn't make the experience more or less psychedelic.

So far I have only drank with chaliponga...

I like to smoke caapi extracts alot though with both vilca extracts and mimosa extracts..

I think a caapi tea along with smoked bufo will be preferred over a tea with caapi and chaliponga..

I want to drink with mushrooms alot and with chakruna and mimosa..soon..

1 Mapacho leaf per 6 doses.
A small amount of white sage (in the brew)
Heavy Palo Santo burining during the brewing process.

Chaliponga is my usualy admixture plants Chacruna is so expensive and it varies so much in potency there is no way to tell a massive dose from a weak dose....

Theobromine + Aya no thanks...no fun.

Mapacho...That's tobacco, isn't it?
And the white sage. What does it do? Soulman also refered to a sort of salvia used in ayahuasca rituals. Most types of salvia have some sort of menthol-effect, i presume.

What about adding wormwood, fennel and anise? The synergy of these three herbs really gives an empowering mental clarity to the user. I've had absinthe before vaporizing spice, and I must say I was able to absorb much more information, and retain everything better with absinthe in me. I wonder if it would do the same with ayahuasca...also, has anyone vaped spice during an Aya journey? I did it during at the come down of a pharma experience recently and it was one of the most loving, beautiful trips I've ever had.

Ilex Guayusa is a great add. It normalizes the digestion and helps stay awake during the ritual.
i has loads of caffeine, so keep that in mind on full teaspoon is enough for one person

http://www.lycaeum.org/leda/docs/16030.shtml?ID=16030 on admixtures

Two closely related species of the malpighiaceous genus Banisteriopsis -B. caapi and B. inebrians- are the most important plants used in preparing Ayahuasca. But other species are apparently used locally on occasion: B. quitensis; Mascagnia glandulifera, M. psilophylla var. antifebrilis; Tetrapteris methystica and T. mucronata. All of these plants are large forest lianas of the same family. Banisteriopsis caapi and B. inebrians are frequently cultivated in order to have a supply close at hand for use.

Many plants of diverse families are often added to the basic drink to alter the intoxicating effects.

The most commonly used admixtures are leaves of B. rusbyana and of the rubiaceous Psychotria carthaginensis or Psychotria viridis.

Other known psychoactive plants, such as Brugmansia suaveolens, Brunfelsia chiricaspi, and B. grandifiora, may also be added. Among the many plants employed are Tobacco; Malouetia tamaquarina and a species of Tabermaemontana of the Apocynaceae; the acanthaceous Teliostachya lanceolata var. crispa or Toe Negra; Calathea veitchiana of the Maranthaceae; the amaranthaceous Alternanthera lehmannii and a species of Iresine; several ferns including Lygodium venustum and Lomariopsis japurensis; Phrygylanthus eugenioides of the mistletoe family; the mint Ocimum micranthum; a species of the sedge genus Cyperus; several cacti including species of Opuntia and Epiphyllum; and a member of the genus Clusia of the Guttiferae.

Ginkgo biloba helped me get to some high and strange places. My first session with it there was more sweating/discomfort and moments of overwhelming terror, but I had too much with a strongish brew (500mg G.b.{24/6 st.ex.}, 4g S.r., 10g M.h., 5g D.c.). On the up side, vision "landscaping" was more complete.

I haven't seen much info on using ginkgo with aya, but from what I've read about ginkgo itself there doesn't seem to be a problem combining it with an maoi. I found reports and recipes of people potentiating mushrooms with it, usually claiming that it's an maoi of some type. Other sites said this is not the case, and had proof that it contains no maoi activity in humans. I'll look it up if someone can't find it. The potentiating effects are, imho, due to more blood flow in the brain.

Some sources that I just pulled from wikipedia on contraindications. If anyone knows anything about combining Ginkgo and RIMAs, please post.

Brunfelsia chiricaspi is a nice admixture. Slightly disorienting, but it brings beautiful visuals. 3-8 leaves for a brew has given good results. Goes well with chaliponga.

The vasolidating effect is probably responsible for it. It at least helps to combat the side-effect of vasoconstriction from DMT.
That's also why i like it as an admixture.

I do not believe it is a MAOI, or that it interacts with MAOI's in any way.

polytrip said:
Mapacho...That's tobacco, isn't it?
And the white sage. What does it do? Soulman also refered to a sort of salvia used in ayahuasca rituals. Most types of salvia have some sort of menthol-effect, i presume.

Yes it is tobacco. Currandero's of the Amazon usually will smoke mupacho during the brewing process and blow the smoke into the pot....Mupacho tobacco is considered sacred down there. It is believed to purify whatever it touches.... many currandero's add a SMALL amount of it to their brew. I believe it has little psychoactive effects and is more spiritual than physical. Moderate amounts will induce massive purging....not smart to mix large amounts of tobacco with MAOI's. Personally, I will add 1 small leaf (maybe 1-2grams per 4 doses).

White sage is just an all around good purifier. If one is about to enter a spirit realm one might want all the help they can get to keep away malignant spirits.

Z said:
Ginkgo biloba helped me get to some high and strange places. My first session with it there was more sweating/discomfort and moments of overwhelming terror, but I had too much with a strongish brew (500mg G.b.{24/6 st.ex.}, 4g S.r., 10g M.h., 5g D.c.). On the up side, vision "landscaping" was more complete.

SWIM found the combination of Ginkgo biloba and bufotenine is VERY NICE. It expands the "head space" of the trip and alters the psychedelic aspects of it in a way that's very hard to describe. It makes the audio hallucinations stronger, and gives the visions more meaningful content, also making them more complex.

ginger..yesterday I took some ginger in tea about 3 hours after drinking ayahuasca and it calmed my stomach within 5 minutes. Might be good to add a bit to a brew..

Back
Top Bottom