• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

antibiotics

Migrated topic.

ibeing897

Rising Star
hey guys, I'm just finishing a course of antibiotics for cellulitis in my toe, taking penicillin and flucloxacillin quite heavy doses... just wondering if it's safe for me to take pharma later this evening? I'm guessing yes, but any advice would drop anxiety and would be greatly appreciated.

Hey dude,

You might be ok, but I would tread carefully. This is an experience report of my first ever ayahausca experience, out in Peru.

I was on a course of the antimalarial antibiotic doxycycline. The experience was extremely rough on my system, extreme dizziness, vomiting for at least 6 hours, more or less nonstop, major diarrhoea, (sometimes both at the same time), the works. Took me 2 days to get back on to solid food, my poor old stomach didn't know what the hell had hit it.

You might be ok though, it might just be the doxcycline. It made me swear off antibiotics for good though, unless its a matter of urgency.

thanks Bancopuma, this puts me off a little, but that is a harsher antibiotic and you were in peru... and you didn't die... but yeah, I'm gonna tread carefully, may defer on it, but really feel ready now :(

bit off topic but make sure are taking probiotics as well to replentish the necessary bacteria in your gut that those antibiotics are killing..this is VERY VERY important when taking antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom