• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Anyone use this for their pipette?

Harumi

Rising Star
Amazon.com

Most of the "pumps" I see on Amazon look like cheap plastic. It's so annoying trying to find decent-made materials. I might just go with a big turkey baster if the search fails. I hear they are OK as long as the NPS doesn't touch the bulb.

They're 'okay' with solvents like naptha but will still warp after extended use. Between highly caustic solution and solvent going through them they tend to have a very limited shelf life. Avoid cheap plastic ones.. if possible get one with a glass or metal pipette end. Or just buy/build a separatory funnel which will gracefully handle any of the solvents or other chemicals associated with DMT extraction. It really makes the whole process more enjoyable.

Don't use Turkey basters with Toluene, Xylene or DCM.. your pipette will be ruined within seconds and you will end up with plastic through your extract.

Sometimes you can find glas syringes at large auction sites, glass is optimal. As a less desirable option one can use the full plastic syringe without the rubber on the plunger. These are made from plastic and are made to be used for medical purposes so should have at least some guarantee on quality material, they do however use a lubricant in the syringe I’m not sure if it’s a real problem but I would wash the syringe with naphtha before using it.

Last edited:
They're 'okay' with solvents like naptha but will still warp after extended use. Between highly caustic solution and solvent going through them they tend to have a very limited shelf life. Avoid cheap plastic ones.. if possible get one with a glass or metal pipette end. Or just buy/build a separatory funnel which will gracefully handle any of the solvents or other chemicals associated with DMT extraction. It really makes the whole process more enjoyable.

Don't use Turkey basters with Toluene, Xylene or DCM.. your pipette will be ruined within seconds and you will end up with plastic through your extract.

I have this pipette: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014LBANCS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ACTB8CBED46SR&psc=1

I just can't find something for the pumping end. Only cheap plastic wheel ones, and that thing I linked. I read that seperatory funnels were only for liquid-liduid extractions like A/B.

I bought these, but haven't used them yet. Any thoughts on the bulbs from the experts?
Honestly, I do small batches and have been using a glass eyedropper. Any thoughts on those bulbs?
I use primarily Naptha, but not uncommonly Xylene.

I have this pipette: Amazon.com

I just can't find something for the pumping end. Only cheap plastic wheel ones, and that thing I linked. I read that seperatory funnels were only for liquid-liduid extractions like A/B.
those cheap plastic wheel ones are dope saves my buddy on pulls and he has the same 25ml pipette need open vented area does work well in Flow/ SAB work station.

Back
Top Bottom