• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Astronomy, anyone?

Migrated topic.
I've been very strongly thinking lately about going out and putting my money down on the largest reflector telescope that I could fit in my car, say a 10 or 12".

I'm trying to figure out if I should go for a simple dobsonian, or get a fancy computurized equitorial mounted one for 4 times the price.

Is my money better saved on simplification going the "classic route," and saving the opportunity for the old-style learning process of pinpointing cosmic signposts..

Or do I go for the 40,000 catalogued computerized go-to approach?

I'm thinking of something like this:

Or, this:

Any advice? I thought perhaps I could combine "hobbies," and truly see God....

Spending my weekend nights sky gazing....

I want to get a close up view of the planets, nebulas, star clusters etc...

I don't want to, I hafta.... in order to continue to spiritually grow...

It's going to become a primary extension of the "looking as far as I can in as many directions as I can..." philosophy that is my take on the main topic of this forum.

Spock's Brain said:
I've been very strongly thinking lately about going out and putting my money down on the largest reflector telescope that I could fit in my car, say a 10 or 12".

I'm trying to figure out if I should go for a simple dobsonian, or get a fancy computurized equitorial mounted one for 4 times the price.

Is my money better saved on simplification going the "classic route," and saving the opportunity for the old-style learning process of pinpointing cosmic signposts..

Or do I go for the 40,000 catalogued computerized go-to approach?

I'm thinking of something like this:

Or, this:

Any advice? I thought perhaps I could combine "hobbies," and truly see God....

Spending my weekend nights sky gazing....

I want to get a close up view of the planets, nebulas, star clusters etc...

I don't want to, I hafta.... in order to continue to spiritually grow...

It's going to become a primary extension of the "looking as far as I can in as many directions as I can..." philosophy that is my take on the main topic of this forum.

:shock:

Wow!

Save the money, build Your own. Hold on, I´ll send You a tek.

But don´t expect to see the astrophysical objects, except the stars.

On this URL is a series of DIY telescopic teks. But it´s in Czech, so you have to translate.

Back
Top Bottom