• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Bass Music

Anyone likes bass Music for traveling?

Here's a 2 hour set full off bassy wubs and wobbles.

Sexy Bass Set

It is recommended to have a subwoofer or good headphones for extra sexyness.

Strange link. But thanks. I've noticed that some psychedelics enhance the bass quite a bit. My harmala + DMT sometimes did that but I cant imagine listening to hi-energy dance music while on that :)
But mushrooms om the other hand..

Kalya Scintilla - Open Ancient Eyes
Kalya Scintilla - Singles and Rarities
Ott - Mir
Cosmic Trigger - Forager's Delight
Cosmic Trigger - Shpongle Remixed
Tipper - Forward Escape

Happy Dance GIF by Sacramento Kings

great thread idea

Strange link. But thanks. I've noticed that some psychedelics enhance the bass quite a bit. My harmala + DMT sometimes did that but I cant imagine listening to hi-energy dance music while on that :)
But mushrooms om the other hand..

You are right, this set was actually created with mushrooms in mind 🍄😁

I was trying to share some of my favorites for DMT but my phone is making the process a bit difficult. When I get home I will share some from my PC.

The substance heavily influences the selection, but bass is dear to my heart. Kalya Scintilla and friends on Merkaba Music Label, as mentioned by @cultiVeight , are some of my favorites for LSD and psilocybin adventures. Happy to see you call them out :D
I tend to favor a little tamer and calmer flavor for DMT.

Here are some of my favorite albums for more "kinetic" entheogens, like LSD/psilocybin/MDMA:
Peace Luv and Wubz by LSDREAM
Balance by Liquid Stranger
Codex VI by Shpongle
I’m the Supervisor by Infected Mushroom
Breath Reimagined vol 3 by Desert Dwellers and Friends
Rainbow Brain by Griz
Moonflavours II by Freddy Todd
Bugs for Breakfast by Toadface
Everything New Was Old by Yheti
Gateways of Consciousness by Kaminanda
Syzergy by Opiuo
Chasing the Golden Hour vol 4 by Griz

Man I could go on for ages hahaha… I’ll probably edit back and add a few more. Thanks for a great thread 😁

I’ll make a second reply with my favs for traveling with DMT/“non-kinetic” entheogens 🤍

Last edited:
I like this on my headphones

And one more

I like this on my headphones

And one more
You def need a good headphone for those!

btw, if people REALLY like to test their headphones and how deep they can go, I would advice to get the original quality soundtrack of Hans Zimmer - "Mountains" (Interstellar Soundtrack). Do not listen this on YouTube since YT always kills the dynamics to a certain degree, this you have to listen from the original version of the CD, trust me on this one. :)

Kind regards,

The Traveler

You def need a good headphone for those!

btw, if people REALLY like to test their headphones and how deep they can go, I would advice to get the original quality soundtrack of Hans Zimmer - "Mountains" (Interstellar Soundtrack). Do not listen this on YouTube since YT always kills the dynamics to a certain degree, this you have to listen from the original version of the CD, trust me on this one. :)

Kind regards,

The Traveler
I love Mountains...When that enormous brass section kicks in it sends shivers down my entire body... Zimmer is a music genius. I'll always love his work.

And in terms of "bassy" music I always come back to one of my favorite music projects ever - Carbon Based Lifeforms - and their track "Central Plain":

I've had a few instances where I've listened to this track while peaking on LSD and I went places that defy any and all linguistc efforts of description. ❤️

The substance heavily influences the selection [...] I tend to favor a little tamer and calmer flavor for DMT.

"kinetic" entheogens [...] DMT/“non-kinetic” entheogens
This was difficult to grasp for me. I've always enjoyed music, and I've always enjoyed all kinds of psychedelic music on psychedelics. But DMT calls for a different type of music. I like your "kinetic / non-kinetic" classification.

BTW great selection

Wakey wakey bass lovers.
As mentioned, most gear can't translate bass quality at its best, too bad because it's a true medicine.

Last edited:
This was difficult to grasp for me. I've always enjoyed music, and I've always enjoyed all kinds of psychedelic music on psychedelics. But DMT calls for a different type of music. I like your "kinetic / non-kinetic" classification.

BTW great selection
DMT is tricky musically indeed. It’s amazing what can become “too much” it that space. Thanks for your kind words ♥️

Obviously a large dose of any of the “kinetic” substances will leave you immobile on the couch, but I tried to find a good word to demarcate, and, if you agree it works, it works :)

Alrighty-tighty (and lefty loosey), here is the aforementioned follow up. These are a few of my favorite works to listen to when I vaporize DMT/smoalk changa - “non-kinetic” experiences. I haven’t experimented with oral DMT myself, but I imagine they would be just fine. The key thing for me here, is that I try to intentionally choose tracks that fit the bill musically and are also at least 10ish minutes long, as I dislike song transitions mid-journey.

Desert Dwellers Anahata Yoga Dub
Liquid Bloom Samadhi Journey Mix
Liquid Bloom Kura Journey Mix
Liquid Bloom Akasha Journey Mix
Liquid Bloom Heart of the Shamans Ceremonial Medicine Songs (can you tell I have a favorite?)
Shpongle Before the Big Bang
Shpongle I Woke Up as a Shlummutz
Khandana Bhava–Bandhana (Aarati hymn)
Selections from Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd
Echoes by Pink Floyd
The Practice Tapes by DJ Drez** this is my honorable mention. Downtempo and spacious hip hop beats with an indelible upward trajectory. Really enjoy journeying with this one.

Peace 🖤

Last edited:
The key thing for me here, is that I try to intentionally choose tracks that fit the bill musically and are also at least 10ish minutes long, as I dislike song transitions mid-journey.
That's exactly my point too. I'm fine with 7-minute tracks or so, but any less than that, and I feel like the song transition distracts me too much from the journey.

I'm gonna check your suggestions (the ones I don't know yet, anyways :p) I think we both have a similar taste.

To add a bit to the conversation: I mostly enjoy non-kinetic music for DMT journeys, for the same reasons you mention. But, sometimes I feel very different about it, and I want to go in a different direction. Around 10% of my trips I'm blasting forest psytrance and darkpsy, but even in those cases I go to the ritualistic/dark ambient kind of feel, instead of mechanical overcrowded hitech noises, because I get easily overwhelmed.

The journey, of course, its very different in those cases. I feel like ambient trips can be more healing, I can get deeply relaxed and think about myself. On the other hand, darkpsy journeys are faster, more chaotic, but also more visual (maybe there's more sounds triggering synesthesia?) and fun. I can get healing and revelations in both of them, especially after the main event, but the latter feels less serious, more recreational.

Do you sometimes go for a different style of music? If so, what drives you? I don't know what drives me, I just know what feels right at that moment.

Do you sometimes go for a different style of music? If so, what drives you? I don't know what drives me, I just know what feels right at that moment.

I agree with the sentiment of feeling right, of intuition. The past decade, learning to trust and listen to (and thereby make louder) my intuition has been a major element of my healing. Any time I’m dosing any medicine, I listen to my intuition when choosing the music. Well said, friend :D

I truthfully haven’t experimented with any more intense musical selections yet, but I have had a previously queued and forgotten song unexpectedly come on mid journey LOL. I remember calling out for my partner hilariously, shouting “pause! Pause!!! Pause!”

I have experimented with music vs no music. One particular experience that stands out is a rather sleepy evening session. I find the lull of the dishwasher rather comforting in typical consciousness, and was on the couch reading, enjoying the watery ambience, and felt the impulse to have a smoalk. I began titrating a bit at a time… feeling great… so the third hit I went bigger than the previous two, boy howdy!!! This cowboy went for a ride!

I could hear time(?) stretch, like elastic, by the reference of the dishwasher noises. As the effects set in in in, the noises became more bubbly and as if happening in rapid stop motion, quite reminiscent of squelches, burbles, and glitches typical to psy/goa trance. I remember feeling quite taken off guard both by the size of my hit (intensified of course by the previous two) and also astonished at the raw audial modifications, as this was my first journey without music playing. I opened my eyes to try and draw attention away from the intensity of the sounds, at which point my visual distortions synthesthetically mirrored the noises (I had a good laugh at this). All in all a wild but fun ride.

Back
Top Bottom