• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Behold Retreats Recipe

Hi there and welcome, for the sake of the discussion I’m copying the recipe from the site for everyone here;

The following recipe is for 1 liter of the psychoactive brew ayahuasca (which amounts to 24-28 doses). The strength of each dose may vary between batches.

160g M. hostilis
150g b. caapi resin* (*this recipe works with the 30:1 extract version meaning that the resin is much more concentrated than just the dry bark)
3 stainless-steel pots
1 large stainless-steel pot
9L Water (preferably distilled) (3L x 3)
180ml vinegar (optional, softens bark) (60ml x 3)
A lot of patience, time, and care

Then they on go about cooking it for a really long time to reduce the 9 liters back to 1.

Followed up by some nonsense like:

“The more heat you use, the more there will be a loss of the active ingredients. Never bring the brew to a boil.”
Boiling it is fine

“Always use stainless steel or ceramic pots. Teflon and aluminum are not suitable to make Ayahuasca tea as it is reported to chemically react with the harmala alkaloids in B. Caapi.”
It does not react with Teflon but aluminum might not be the best option for long cooking times and acid.

Then my thoughts

It’s a bit steep on the mimosa and a bit to concentrated for my preference but some people prefer it that way. On the use of extract caapi resin I’m not to experienced with it other then that it’s very difficult to know what the strength actually is, in my case it was on the weaker side and not something I repeated to purchase.

Anyway good luck with reading here, from memory the subject of starters making their first brew has been talked about to great extent.

Last edited:
160g M. hostilis
150g b. caapi resin* (*this recipe works with the 30:1 extract version meaning that the resin is much more concentrated than just the dry bark)

It’s a bit steep on the mimosa and a bit to concentrated for my preference but some people prefer it that way. On the use of extract caapi resin I’m not to experienced with it other then that it’s very difficult to know what the strength actually is, in my case it was on the weaker side and not something I repeated to purchase.

Anyway good luck with reading here, from memory the subject of starters making their first brew has been talked about to great extent.
In my "starter" brew, I used
90g M. hostilis
25g b. caapi resin

Until now it wasn't clear how far off I was on the resin.

The advice to just use the plant also makes more sense.

V/r,
Bryan

Back
Top Bottom