• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Bufotenine in Brosimum acutifolium

Migrated topic.

Infundibulum

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist,
OG Pioneer
SWIM just found this article describing the identification of bufotenine in the red latex sap of the tree Brosimum acutifolium. According to the article, the red latex of this tree is called takini and is used in shamanic practices in the tropical americas.

The authors report that 100ml of this red latex sap contain 2.5mg bufotenine.

Attachments

• Bufotenine+in+Brosimum+acutifolium..pdf
    219.4 KB · Views: 1
This is really interesting as bufotenine has only been isolated from the latex. Even though the bark goes through prenylation to include qualities that can help inflamation and general pain, generally flavanoids of brosimine A&B, there's no traces of bufotenine in the bark as I understand. As they prepared an intravenous extraction they took the sap and included it in their extracted bark material for their conclusions.

If that's the case, then maya would probably be best bet:

Thanks Infundibulum. I saved that document. Very interesting.

Endlessness, bufotenine has a very high pKa of 9.67, higher than DMT so it would exist in water soluble form unless the plant is extremely alkaline which is highly unlikely. Most plants have an internal pH of 5-6. Most soil has a pH between 4 and 8. For the bufotenine to be mostly freebase the plant would need a pH higher than 9.67. That doesn’t sound at all likely to me.

coz42 said:
This is really interesting as bufotenine has only been isolated from the latex. Even though the bark goes through prenylation to include qualities that can help inflamation and general pain, generally flavanoids of brosimine A&B, there's no traces of bufotenine in the bark as I understand. As they prepared an intravenous extraction they took the sap and included it in their extracted bark material for their conclusions.

If that's the case, then maya would probably be best bet:

Thanks for that link Coz42!!!!

I should mention that bufotenine could be in a non water soluble salt form. That is possible. Some salts are insoluble in water. For example mescaline sulfate is very poorly soluble in water and practically insoluble in ice cold water while mescaline hydrochloride is highly water soluble. So at a low pH it could have paired up with a an acid that makes it insoluble in water, but I don't know of any such salt form of bufotenine. All the ones I know of are very water soluble.

yes, phyllomedusa bicolor. The indigenous shamans Ive been working with use it, its called Kampo or Kambo

it induces quite some purging. my friend's face was swollen like you wouldnt believe. I havent done it yet, maybe sometime. It seems to improve the immune system incredibly and after the difficult experience feel great and energised. but I dont know how many researches there were about it. It is not so much psychedelic as in these substances we usually talk about, but more in the line of ordeal poisons. Not to think lightly of, as people have died with it. But I think a potentially promising medicine

to extract to poison one sort of tortures the frog, which is not so nice, but they live.

I just heard about Murure so searched the Nexus for it- knew there would be a thread somewhere!

So has anyone tried Maya's sap yet, and has any advice on traditional dosage etc been gathered? :)

Back
Top Bottom