• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Cactus Shopping + Questions

Migrated topic.

Ulim

Rising Star
I found a nice cactus farm :d

Attachments

• EZ5cIx3g.jpg
    EZ5cIx3g.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 0
  • gbRXcGvg.jpg
    gbRXcGvg.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IHj3ta7g.jpg
    IHj3ta7g.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 0
  • cYKILKzg.jpg
    cYKILKzg.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 0
  • r5ly32Lg.jpg
    r5ly32Lg.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 0
  • gxHfrnlg.jpg
    gxHfrnlg.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 0
Bought myself some bridgesii
One is wrinkly on the top (see images) what is that and how can I fix that?
The farmer told me these were clones of his best plant. Just see the agressive rooting on the second one.
But I just want to know how I can fix the one that has the wrinkling on the top.
The plants seem pretty overwatered because the soil has moss on it. Also the pots are way to small.
Im gonna probably cut the second one up and make 3-4 plants out of it because they already got roots.

He told me just to pick them off and sink them 50% into soil and wait.

Attachments

• YzF0mtO.jpg
    YzF0mtO.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 0
  • YzF0mtOg.jpg
    YzF0mtOg.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ADxWmmjg.jpg
    ADxWmmjg.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 0
  • LL8Do2kg.jpg
    LL8Do2kg.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 0
  • LWWWR9Wg.jpg
    LWWWR9Wg.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 0
  • LL8Do2k.jpg
    LL8Do2k.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Yes you did find a nice Cactus Farm. You can't fix the wrinkles. Once a cactus has an injury or burn it usually just scabs over and it's pretty much forever. You'll come to love the wrinkles. :D

Wolfnippletip said:
Yes you did find a nice Cactus Farm. You can't fix the wrinkles. Once a cactus has an injury or burn it usually just scabs over and it's pretty much forever. You'll come to love the wrinkles. :D

I actually dont have a problem with scabs or something.
Just look how scabbed the bigger cactus is because of many shoots getting removed.

Was just concerned if is anything bad. Its not rot because the skin isnt mushy or something its still firm but shrively.

Its definetly rotting. Needs circumcision :(
Other one is fine though. Gonna swap the soil from organic to well draining inorganic soil after cutting it. Its totally overrooted.

Anyone know a good thing to treat the cut with?

Something that you could find in stores. Maybe limestone powder?

Attachments

• ctzkcp7g.jpg
    ctzkcp7g.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9VinI5Xg.jpg
    9VinI5Xg.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
  • rxHosQag.jpg
    rxHosQag.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
I havent cut it yet.

The flesh is not shriveling anymore and its also not really mushy.

Its actually like its being inflated form the inside.

Nvm i poked it. Black sludge came out.

I cut it now and put cinnamon on the wound with some limestone dust and limestone gravel.

Ulim said:
The farmer told me these were clones of his best plant. Just see the agressive rooting on the second one.
But I just want to know how I can fix the one that has the wrinkling on the top.
The plants seem pretty overwatered because the soil has moss on it. Also the pots are way to small.
Im gonna probably cut the second one up and make 3-4 plants out of it because they already got roots.

It's a Trichocereus Bridgesii monstrose, no?

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis said:
Ulim said:

It's a Trichocereus Bridgesii monstrose, no?

-eg
Yes Trichocereus Bridgesii monstrose Clone A(Grouped) and Clone B(Long).

But the wrinkles on one of them were caused by rot. I know it by now because it turned really black and mushy.

Cactus seems okay now.

It got the black sludge kind of rot but it didnt even spread to the core at the worst spot.
The cut is now a few days old and its not rotting anymore and its nice and dry :thumb_up:

The cactus wound powder recipe I used worked really well.
Its just to sprinkle some cinnamon onto it with some kind of water pulling stone.
Limestone gravel or Pumice.

Attachments

• 90yZieYg.jpg
    90yZieYg.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom