• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

chaliponga tek

Migrated topic.

corpus callosum

OG Pioneer
Godd morning Nexians!

The past 2 days have been spent working on good old chaliponga;I acquired 100g of ths fine material and as always (whenever Ive bought some) it comes as a fairly dark brown leaf which doesnt crumble too easily between the fingers as it has a 'waxy' outer coat.The procedure was as follows :

1.Using a powerful blender, all 100g was chopped very finely such that the end result was a little larger than tealeaves found in teabags.

2.This was boiled in distilled water in a stainless steel pan for about 20 minutes with frequent stirring.Incidentally the smell is really quite like that of normal tea!

3.The brew was the filtered and the liquid retained.A further boil took place as before but using a little less distilled water the second time around on the leaf material.

4.The liquid was again retained and the filtered leaf discarded.

5.At this point the pH of the accrued liquid was made to reach pH 3.8 using citric acid and a pH meter.The liquid now looked like the color of light rust.

6.The total volume of liquid was approx 1400ml and was allowed to fridge decant overnight.In the morning the liquid was poured off leaving some very dark brown sludge.

7.Ths liquid was place in a large flat base Pyrex dish and place in the oven at about 90'C and allowed ro reduce over 4 hours to approx 450ml.The oven was fan-assisted and at no point did any crud form on the surface.

8.After allowing it to cool a touch, the liquid was placed in a 500ml sep funnel and was then de-fatted with warm DCM ten times, using 100ml DCM each time.It was only after 7 such de-fats that the solvent was seen to separate quickly and fairly clearly.The technique for mixing brew and solvent was just gentle turning over and over of the funnel occasionally allowing the port to open to expel any gaseous build up.

9.I then got 500ml of distilled water and almost boiled it; I added as much sodium carbonate to form a saturated soultion ie some salt remained undissolved in the pan

10.The solution was poured off leaving the salty stuff behind.I then added this sodium carbonate to the the 'tea' in 5ml aliquots to the tea (which had now been place in a 500ml conical flask with stopper);it didnt take more than 25mls to get the pH to 9.1.

11.This was all placed once more into the (cleaned) sep funnel and proceeded to extract using warmed DCM five times, collecting the DCM on each occasion and placing it once again into the (cleaned) large pyrex dish used for volume reduction mentioned earlier.Please note that DCM collects at the bottom of the sep funnel which is the opposite of how naphtha behaves.

12.This pyrex dish was then covered with clingfilm (sarin wrap) which had been puntured with a green syringe needle approxinmately 100 times-sounds like alot but no 2 holes were within a centimetre of its nearest neighbour.This was allowed to sit for 24 hours at room temperature.

13.On returning to it the next day there appeared to be no solvent left and the base of the dish had a colorless but greasy-looking layer all over.Try as I might this could not be scraped up using a razor blade.Leave it a little longer, I though to myself.

14.24 hours after this the dish had a white nonsticky layer which followed the path created by my attempts at scraping it the day before.On scraping this up I have 95mg of off white material, not sticky and not overtly crystalline.

From 100g chaliponga leaf I dont think this is a particulalrly good yield but its seems that chaliponga leaf which is as fresh as possible is a better substrate to work with.

69ron gave a brief synopsis of this tek elsewhere on the nexus and he ended up with a greenish material which was active sublingually suggesting some 5 meo in the product.A friend of mine also managed to do the same.

My approach only differed insofar as I acidified the brew after getting the tea rather than boiling the leaf in pH3-acidified water and my product is in no way green.

I havent tried it yet but I wonder if this is just DMT or (fingers-crossed!) just 5 meo_Of course it could always be a mix of the two.

Before I bioassay this ,I would appreciate any thoughts on this from all you good people out there.

The tek seems solid and it is disappointing to have such a low yield esp when DCM is used. It is hard to know what may have goen wrong here.

corpus callosum said:
My approach only differed insofar as I acidified the brew after getting the tea rather than boiling the leaf in pH3-acidified water and my product is in no way green.
That shouldn't matter, the leaf material itself would had made the water acidic anyway. But I remember someone else in the Nexus (I think it was Gibran2?) who observed that acidified boils extract better, in caapi at least. But yeald with no extra acid was not overly bad either. I wonder why you did this though, what was the rationale?

corpus callosum said:
69ron gave a brief synopsis of this tek elsewhere on the nexus and he ended up with a greenish material which was active sublingually suggesting some 5 meo in the product.A friend of mine also managed to do the same.
I'd be very curious as to what your friend also did; what procedure did he use, what yields did and how the sublingual experience was?

Thanks for the reply Infundibulum!

The reason for acidifying the brew after fully collecting it was because, on a previous extraction, acidifying the water before boiling the leaf to pH3 resulted in highly variable pH readings using a digital meter.69ron stressed the need for pH 3 as being vital so in order to achieve a stable pH I reckoned I may as well do so after the tea had been made.

My friend used 69rons approach (mentioned in the thread 'does diplopterys carberena contain 5 meo DMT?' which ran here some months ago.He defatted 9 times (as the tek suggested until edited) but in all other respects he followed it to the letter.Im not sure of his yield as he simply dropped me off a sample (11mg) which I tried and found to be active sublingually.The product was greenish and not like the powder I find myself with-it also doesnt have that strong an indole odour to it as one gets when extracting from MHRB in the usual ways ie vovins tek,BLAB.

The 11mg dose was modest and Im surmising there was some DMT in it as well but at this dose-even if it were pure DMT, I wouldnt have expected a clear effect from the DMT.

I think Im right in saying old chaliponga yields poorly but the paltry result I have is in no way green and as its dried out further its a tan, off-white powder with some granulation.

Im looking forward to vapoerising some of it but will start with very modest doses.

corpus callosum said:
The reason for acidifying the brew after fully collecting it was because, on a previous extraction, acidifying the water before boiling the leaf to pH3 resulted in highly variable pH readings using a digital meter.
Well, the pH is also a fraction of temperature, that is it changes depending on the temperature. The higher the temperature the higher the pH rreading will be and vice versa. pH meters often have thermometers to probe for and adjust pH reading according to temperature and not only proton concentration. In addition, as substances start diffusing out of the plant material into the aqueous medium during boiling, pH will be subjected to further changes.

If you really want an accurate readings then first bring to a boil, then adjust pH to whatever temperature,

corpus callosum said:
69ron stressed the need for pH 3 as being vital so in order to achieve a stable pH I reckoned I may as well do so after the tea had been made.
I don't believe that for a second. Putting 69ron's unreliability aside, I do not think he mentioned that pH 3 is vital for the results. If he had done so he should had mentioned why this pH is vital otherwise it means nothing.

corpus callosum said:
My friend used 69rons approach (mentioned in the thread 'does diplopterys carberena contain 5 meo DMT?' which ran here some months ago.He defatted 9 times (as the tek suggested until edited) but in all other respects he followed it to the letter.Im not sure of his yield as he simply dropped me off a sample (11mg) which I tried and found to be active sublingually.The product was greenish and not like the powder I find myself with-it also doesnt have that strong an indole odour to it as one gets when extracting from MHRB in the usual ways ie vovins tek,BLAB.
Well, colours and smells are not really indications of anything to be honest, the dmt SWIM extracts from MHRB does not really smell of anything or it could be his nose? Greenish colour indicates chlorophylls or similar pigments. It may indicate that DCM defatting was not complete for instance and it may indicate that your defatting was far more thorough.

All in all, colour and smell do not mean much since they can be modified by the presence of just trace impuruties.

My theory is you just have dmt, but only a bioassay will convince you. In order to increase the yield it is imperative that you should re-extract the leaf material 3 x 1 hour with acidified water AND also re-extract the basic solution after raising the pH to at least 10-11. This is anyway good practise to show you whether you had been wrong somewhere on the way or whether the leaves were just bad. There's no other way to know for sure.

Thanks for the pointers Infundibulum.

I plan to vaporise 5mg later and see what happens-I will post the results.

I agree with you that in order to mamimise the yield (certainly of DMT) it would have been prudent to basify the tea to around pH 11ish and then extract using the NP solvent in order to leach out more goodies after completing my 'experiment'.I wonder how much more would have been extracted.

The mission was to see if just or mostly 5 meo could be had.The bioasay might shed some light on this but I bow to your superior chemical savvy and it may just be a poor yield of DMT I have.Or, my leaf was crap!:)

PS-when youve finished your extractions and you are presented with a pile of FB, have you not noticed a distinct and in no way unpleasant aroma?

PPS-the ph after acidification was 'advised' to be 4, not 3, and only by way of citric acid-sorry for the mistake!

Dang! That's a shame. Thanks for the reply.
I just got some chaliponga. I'll experiment with it, but so far it looks like a changa additive.

If one were to consume chaliponga more like ayahuasca, would one simply go through the procedure of making ayahuasca, but instead of mimosa, boil and filter the chaliponga all the same?

Back
Top Bottom