• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

changa ingredient identifcation - pics

Migrated topic.

jbark

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
I need help identifying a few things and advice concerning the use of others. I was recently given a care package in exchange for some fungus. In it was a 20g bag of caapi leaves (what I was really doing the trade for), some powdered damiana, powdered wormwood, some anise (??!!), some blue lotus and some sacred lotus.

Questions:

A) what the hell, beyond cooking , is anise used for?
B) The blue lotus pictured below doesn't look like the blue lotus I have seen in pics on the nexus. Is it the real deal? (they don't look like petals to me, and they certainly aren't blue)
C) the sacred lotus bag looks like it contains stamens. Is this normal? What can it be used for? Changa?
D) the damiana is powdered - can it still be used for changa? if not, then for what?
E) And the wormwood? other than absinthe, I mean? smokeable? Changable (invented verb!!)?

Thanks. Pics of most below. sorry for the quality, they're Iphone shots - the only camera I had available. It doesn't focus very close, so if you need other pics for clarification, just let me know.

JBArk

Attachments

• april+2010+025.jpg
    april+2010+025.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 0
  • april+2010+230.jpg
    april+2010+230.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 0
  • april+2010+313.jpg
    april+2010+313.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 0
  • april+2010+026.jpg
    april+2010+026.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 0
  • april+2010+040.jpg
    april+2010+040.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 0
Looks like dried Blue Lotus to me (a little colorworn, but the texture of the leaves seems right). Stems, pollens, and any other part of the flower are perfectly smokeable.

If you smoke it and it tastes like birthday cake... it is definitely blue lotus. 8)

jbark said:
I need help identifying a few things and advice concerning the use of others. I was recently given a care package in exchange for some fungus. In it was a 20g bag of caapi leaves (what I was really doing the trade for), some powdered damiana, powdered wormwood, some anise (??!!), some blue lotus and some sacred lotus.

Questions:

A) what the hell, beyond cooking , is anise used for?
B) The blue lotus pictured below doesn't look like the blue lotus I have seen in pics on the nexus. Is it the real deal? (they don't look like petals to me, and they certainly aren't blue)
C) the sacred lotus bag looks like it contains stamens. Is this normal? What can it be used for? Changa?
D) the damiana is powdered - can it still be used for changa? if not, then for what?
E) And the wormwood? other than absinthe, I mean? smokeable? Changable (invented verb!!)?
JBArk

anise is a good flavor addative... and it is good for removing the evil eye...
also dont use oils as an additive.

powdered damiana... well besides being slightly smokable... and falvorful... nothing really there. its an aphrodisiac mostly, and not a very good one either.... taste good though. A Modern Herbal | Damiana
dont use powders...

lotus is nice... may bring a nice element to it... people seem to like it. symbolically its very powerful.

worm wood... well... its a terrible smoke. tastes awefull... the tannins are the part that has the thujones in it... and really you dont need that with changa.

Well, the blue lily isn't blue/purple/indigo....They look like they might be really old, "colorless" blue lily petals. The texture, as far as I can tell, has that sort of velvety softness that blue lily does, and the way the one in the top left is furled is very blue lily. I have a couple pics for you to compare with. They should have a particular smell too, old or fresh...haha, but I can't smell them for you from here.

I've never had Sacred Lotus, but those look like they might be the stamens of it. Probably.

But yeah, the blue lily...even if it is blue lily, it's non-blue, brown blue lily. So, not so good quality, lol.

Attachments

• blue+lily+1.jpg
    blue+lily+1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
  • blue+lily+2.jpg
    blue+lily+2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0
Thanks everyone!

ms_manic_minxx wrote:

If you smoke it and it tastes like birthday cake... it is definitely blue lotus.

Actually, it did taste uncannily like birthday cake, particularly vanilla icing! never would have made the connection - good observation ms_manic_minxx!

JBArk

Back
Top Bottom