• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Changa Question

Migrated topic.

dankoni

Rising Star
If one were to take a blend intended for infusion, but instead of actually going through with the infusion, just tossed the mix (including the desired amount of dmt crystal) into a whip style vaporizer, would that have the same effect as smoking the identical blend post infusion?

Note: I posted this question in the main Changa thread, but another member made a fairly lengthy post more on topic right after mine, so I figured a new thread would give me a better chance of receiving some answers. Anyone with experience in this would be great.

Edit:
New question: Does anyone have experience using changa in a vaporizer and can answer if the experience is different than using a lighter to ignite the changa in a pipe?

I'm not quiet sure what that is but smoking DMT and herbs together but not infused will create basically (not absolutely) the same experience.

smokeydaze said:
I'm not quiet sure what that is but smoking DMT and herbs together but not infused will create basically (not absolutely) the same experience.

Could anyone elaborate on the differences a bit for me?

dankoni said:
smokeydaze said:

Could anyone elaborate on the differences a bit for me?

It's easier to travel with and measure out doses, instead of carrying crystals around trying to pack the bowl and herbs just right, and the spice vaporizes better because it is evenly distibuted throughout the plant matter..plus I dont have to weigh out a dose, I just know how much changa I need by now of my recipe.

Cool. Thanks for the answers so far, all! Could anyone talk about the differences, if there are any, in effects between the two methods?

I dont know if there are any..other than the fact that for changa I use isopropyl to dissolve the spice..so it may create some harmala red in the cappi I infuse it into, changing or destroying some MAOI effects...I just smoke some cappi first if I am worried about it..

I know about the dietary concerns with MAOIs, but I've heard varying info on smoking caapi, passion flower, etc. If one were to make a caapi/calea changa or a caapi/pau d'arco changa, would diet be a concern at all?

dankoni said:
I know about the dietary concerns with MAOIs, but I've heard varying info on smoking caapi, passion flower, etc. If one were to make a caapi/calea changa or a caapi/pau d'arco changa, would diet be a concern at all?

Diet is always a concern. You'll see what I mean.

dankoni said:
Nope

dankoni said:

The good thing about smoking a substance is that it won't (hopefully) end up in your stomach, so diet isn't that important. However if you want to get really into it, everything that is and is inside your body will influence the trip. Obviously we know that RIMA's will have a great impact on a smoked psychedelic as they provoke a special targetted response to your chemical makeup. However everything will have it's subtle effects.

But that said my ayahuasca diet is from 3 hours before consumption and wavers in between nothing and bread, so yeah I never really got too much in to that whole thing.

Edit: Just for accuracy's sake I should say I've never taken ayahuasca, but just DMT and Harmala concoctions.

So it's the general consensus that when smoking a caapi changa, one does not have to worry about MAOI dietary restrictions, yes?

also, the quantity of MAOI in the changa, if you using caapi, is too little to produce an effective mao-inibition, so that doesn't matter that much, I guess

You may not want to enter hyperspace with a full stomach, though. Unless you WANT to purge.
The energetic vibrations that become apparent whilst working with the synergy of the two is very intense, recalibrating, and purifying.
The spirit of the vine, even from the vapor of her leaves, will gently (sometimes not so much) squeeze you.

SWIM's too lazy to make a changa mix infusing the spice on other herbs. SWIM almost always smokes spice sprinkled or mixed with a different herbs. And there are differences in the experience depanding which herb is used, so it works.

What SWIM would suggest is this:

try first mixing the spice with whatever blend you'd like to experiment with. should you find a combo that is ideal for you, go changa and infuse the spice on a larger batch of herb/herbal blensd and use as such.

What you wouldn't want to do is to make an changa infusion just to find out that you don't enjoy the combo - it's going to be unnecessary pain trying to retrieve the spice back.

Does anyone have experience using changa in a vaporizer and can answer if the experience is different than using a lighter to ignite the changa in a pipe?

Back
Top Bottom