• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

cleaning bufotenine?

Migrated topic.

Oncewas

Rising Star
So say someone had a big ball of bufo goo from the bufochanga tek. How could they further remove any undesired compounds?

I now 69 Ron said bufotenine is insoluble in naptha at 20*C, so could a couple of naptha washes purify this gloop a little better?

Any other idears side from running a column?

Ahh excellent thank you! That thread should be stickied!

I did two quick cold naptha washes and I was amazed at how dirty/yellow the naptha got. Hopefully it wasn't any freebase bufotenine.

I gave this a go on some IPA extracted goop. I did not weigh the goop, but it was from 100 g of cebil. I stirred in 100 ml of mek:heptane mix, and now have a black liquid. I filtered it a couple times through a couple coffee filters but it is still just a black liquid.

My guesses are that I may have grossly under-guessed the amount of goop that I had and used far too little solvent mix.... or that I need to filter many many more times. Maybe both?

I held on to what was left in the filters in case I didn't use enough solvent mix to get all the goods from the goop.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

what I've got is just very dark red/orange... I did filter again and very little caught in the filter. It looks black until you put it directly in front of a bright light. So, should I add more solvent mix before boiling off the MEK? It just seems like there is no hope for white crystals coming out of this dark fluid.

Maybe you should try toasting the dry product again.

Its possible to get some seeds extract to dry hard, then the solvent cleaning step is usually used to get rid of the amber coloured impurity.

How much toasting was done?

I agree 100% I used more seeds in this attempt... I think they must've been layered to thick to allow the crap to cook off. I did a simple IPA extract on less seeds from the same bag and got good results with longer toasting.

I am evaping everything I saved from my MEK:Heptane attempt so that I may re-toast it and re-pull with fresh IPA

Back
Top Bottom