• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Culture and Society

Migrated topic.

Czepa

Rising Star
On this site we have a "Culture and Society" heading but we have no cultrue and society forum which i think we should have. It would be a place to discuss traditions and culture from all different parts of the world, along with general talk about modern society, government, and things that effect us all as part of "the system".

I've been doing a lot of research on the Shipibo Connibo of Peru. They have some amazing artwork. And I've been writing a lot of research papers on them for ethnographic art history classes and other conceptual painting classes. Perhaps I could add some of the documents, if people are interested in seeing what I've come across in my research. I've been doing alot of research into the visual language direction for my artwork. I think St. Terrence said it best, that "we need to put the art pedal to the metal!"

I'm interested in you papers. There seem to be a lot of monographs on them, but they are all in spanish. They are a fascinating example how a people integrates the entheogenic experience into everday life.

I would like to find out more about the role of woman...they are the ones who are painting the sacred patterns, yet the men are thos who drink ayahuasca. One explanation would be, that men translate the patterns into sound and women just know how to paint a certain sound.

im pretty sure the women drink it as well, most of the cuaranderos are women. There will usually be one male maestro in the lead and a couple of women singing to back them up depending on how big of a group they are working with. there is also a who range of classes dealing with the ayahuasca exp with them. Vegitalistas, cuaraderos, ayahuasceros, and some others...
I highly recommend this book called "Portals of Power: Shamanism in South America" put out by the university of new mexico press in albuquerwue

Back
Top Bottom