• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

dark naphtha problem - what solution works for you?

Migrated topic.

jiva

Rising Star
hi everyone,

so i am having dark naphtha issues again. so far whenever i've had this issue i did a mini A/B and eveything was fine.
online i found other approaches like doing a re-x.
then i found one site where someone wrote they don't do anything, just let the naphtha sit at room temperature for a few hours. apparently it the particles tend to separate out over time.

what i did just now is transfer the naphtha into a new narrow bottle with a bit of water and sodium hydroxide at ph 14.
i am curious how clean of a product this method can produce.

have you got any other solutions for this issue?

jiva said:
hi everyone,

so i am having dark naphtha issues again. so far whenever i've had this issue i did a mini A/B and eveything was fine.
online i found other approaches like doing a re-x.
then i found one site where someone wrote they don't do anything, just let the naphtha sit at room temperature for a few hours. apparently it the particles tend to separate out over time.

what i did just now is transfer the naphtha into a new narrow bottle with a bit of water and sodium hydroxide at ph 14.
i am curious how clean of a product this method can produce.

have you got any other solutions for this issue?
Try a sodium carb wash of the Solvent. Be sure there is enough solvent to keep the alks from dropping out at room temp.

i just let it sit for a night
pulled it out of the freezer today, i got very nice crystals, but with a little goo at the bottom, that had a brownish color when scraped up.

i will re-x and i think it will be a nice result

Back
Top Bottom