• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Did I lose yield?

Migrated topic.

omiko

Rising Star
Hello, I just successfully completed my first STB extraction using air evaporation afterwards. I ended up with about a small chunk of light yellow crystal. When I initially mixed the water, NaOH, and MHRB, I waited almost no time before adding the Naptha (my tek did not say to wait here, but every other one has). Do you think I lost a lot of yield by skipping that step? My 2nd pull is evaping now, still too early to see the results, but I let it sit overnight (10 hours), instead of 3 like the first pull.

Not at all, just add some naptha back to the solution, end over end it, shake it, swirl it for a couple mins, let it sit, do it again, wait, do it again wait shake it to hell then go to sleep. Wake up, pull, freeze it pour off naptha back into the solution and whatever is left in the jar is spice. SWIM says the next few pulls tend to get more spice. SWIM pulled like this 1-2 per day for a month on 75g of powdered bark.

Damn, well I will try a freezer precip on my 4th pull I think. Also just finally smoked what I made and it was AMAZING!!!!

Smoke a ton on the first hit if possible then go again and again. Enjoy. Also I talked to SWIM and he said that he doesnt evap naptha at all due to smell etc, just freeze and pour leftover naptha back into jar with lye/water solution. Then air dry the rest.

Still pulling beautifully, I have 3 piles of yellow crystal now. At first I was worried about them being yellow and not white, but the smoke, even straight freebased has absolutely NO harshness, even less than very high quality hashish.

Swim finds the yellow spice a LOT more interesting than white, it seems to be a lot more visual in sub breakthrough doses. Swim prefers the yellow spice and actively tries to extract yellow over white.

Geeg it is interesting you say that because I have only had small amounts so far (awaiting scale), and the visuals were stunning but I could tell not near-breakthrough (Although after smoking some last night, my girlfriend said the entire room was coated with egyptian patterns and arches).

Back
Top Bottom