• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Does Acacia saligna contain DMT?

IKilledSanta

Rising Star
Hey, I live in the middle east and here "Acacia saligna" is considered a invasive tree.
From what I have read, the DMT content of that tree is unknown.

1. Is it still worth extracting it and try to get something out of it?
2. If there's no DMT, then after the extraction i'll be left with nothing?
3. If I give it a try, should I get the root bark? or another part?

Any tips for a new member would help.
I made a lot of research, but the info about A.Saligna is very limited

I'm not aware of any DMT findings in Acacia saligna. Perhaps you could do a test extraction on a small amount of sustainably harvested material and report back. :)

Don't take rootbark.. it will kill Australian Acacia species. Some careful pruning of around twig and phyllodes will be more than sufficient for a quick test.. 150-200g dried material is enough to give you an idea if it is worth pursuing further.

If there is no DMT you may be left with nothing, or you may be left with something else that is not DMT.. maybe some kind of alkaloid, maybe some trace fatty acid or tar. There isn't much info on the content of Acacia saligna.. so its hard to say. Certainly don't expect to get DMT from it.. go into it with open eyes. If you are going to be really disappointed in the case of it not yielding DMT, then maybe don't bother with it and look for a reliable source. Its pointless taking the plant material otherwise unless you are genuinely doing it out of curiosity.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any DMT findings in Acacia saligna. Perhaps you could do a test extraction on a small amount of sustainably harvested material and report back. :)

Don't take rootbark.. it will kill Australian Acacia species. Some careful pruning of around twig and phyllodes will be more than sufficient for a quick test.. 150-200g dried material is enough to give you an idea if it is worth pursuing further.

If there is no DMT you may be left with nothing, or you may be left with something else that is not DMT.. maybe some kind of alkaloid, maybe some trace fatty acid or tar. There isn't much info on the content of Acacia saligna.. so its hard to say. Certainly don't expect to get DMT from it.. go into it with open eyes. If you are going to be really disappointed in the case of it not yielding DMT, then maybe don't bother with it and look for a reliable source. Its pointless taking the plant material otherwise unless you are genuinely doing it out of curiosity.
Thanks, I might give it a try just t practice the technique.
If I'll end up with some product, how can I test if that's DMT?
Are there any cheap test kits I can get?

I've had a extract lab tested, negative for DMT. Also negative on reagent testing.
Thanks!
That's basically answers all my questions.
Too bad tho, because there are many of them growing near my house

If I'll end up with some product, how can I test if that's DMT?
You can at least test for the presence of an indole group by putting a drop of the material, dissolved in ethanol, onto a pine wood shaving, then adding a drop of concentrated HCl. Red colour indicates presence of an indole group, but this is not exclusive to DMT. (I forget the exact name of this presumptive test rn tho.)
I have the PRO-TEST full reagent kit
Here's one suggestion for getting hold of reagents, with a bit of a search ^
Here's a link to some resources: Substance testing
Hope this helps, and also that you're OK with the renaming of the thread to something a little less tantalising!

Thank you all.
I'll try to get a hold on Acacia Acuminata for my first extraction, and then I might try the Saligna again

Hey again,
I got myself some MHRB,
And I want to first practice the extraction process with my Acacia Saligna.
Where in the tree are my best chances to find DMT?
Root bark? Leaves? Something else?

Thank!

I think root bark would be your highest chance. Given that it is an invasive in your area you will also be doing an ecological service 🫡. Harvesting root bark is more difficult though, so perhaps you might want to go with stem bark.

IKilledSanta, did you order any acuminata seeds to grow?
Sadly I wasnt able to find any.
Btw, how long should it take from a seed to a decent yield?
I think root bark would be your highest chance. Given that it is an invasive in your area you will also be doing an ecological service 🫡. Harvesting root bark is more difficult though, so perhaps you might want to go with stem bark.
Perfect. I'll try that

With acuminata they're active very quickly and very fast growing in the right conditions. If you grew a few plants you could be harvesting the phyllodes within 3 years easy. The phyllodes (or leaves) are quite high yielding.

Back
Top Bottom