• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Erowid tek

Migrated topic.

rumplestiltskin

Rising Star
Found this on Erowid, the author seems to have an understanding of basic extraction techniques
and the post said this provided the best product after trying numerous other techniques. Just wondering if anyone here has tried something similar and what your thoughts are on this?

1. Boil the powdered beans in water made pH 3 with hydrochloric acid for about an hour, and then filter out the beans, and repeat 2 more times with new water, also made pH 3 with hydrochloric acid.

2. Concentrate the combined water extracts down and evaporate to leave some solid brownish gunk. Weigh this gunk and measure out an equal portion of calcium hydroxide.

3. Dissolve the gunk in a small amount of isopropyl alcohol, just enough to make it a thick syrupy liquid, then add an equal portion of water, then mix in the calcium hydroxide. Mix it very well. You don't want any clumps. It should be the consistency of thick pea soup. Let it sit for about 6 hours for the calcium hydroxide to react with the bufotenine, creating the basic salt calcium bufotenate.

4. Now evaporate it (you can use an oven at 300 F for this step). Once it's evaporated completely add a generous portion of acetone. Mix it well. The acetone won't dissolve any of the calcium hydroxide, or much else, but will easily dissolve the calcium bufotenate. Let it sit an hour or more for the non-soluble particles to sink to the bottom, once the acetone takes on a clear dark amber color, poor your mix through a filter to obtain the acetone.

5.You can repeat the acetone extraction with new acetone a few more times until its clear. Evaporate the combined acetone to get an extremely potent extract that is nearly 90% pure calcium bufotenine,

The whole "calcium bufotenate" thing is most likely a myth IMO..but I cant say for sure Im not a chemist..most likely all they are making is freebase bufotenine.

I have done nearly that exact same tek, except i used sodium carbonate instead of calcium hydroxide..and i used iso in place of acetone. I found that doing a water boil first in acidic water was pointless, simply toasting the seeds, crushing, basing then pulling with iso was just as effective..I tried to make calcium bufotenate once didnt seem any diff from freebase bufotenine...

It seems a lot of people are having trouble getting effects from bufotenine and I'm just wondering what the best technique is for getting a nice pure product. Phlux's pictoral seems good and that's what I will probably use when my seeds arrive. I know people have said to just keep working with bufotenine if it seems weak the first few times, like it has a reverse tolerance effect or something. Any suggestions/advice concerning techniques for a strong bufotenine experience would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom