• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Evap im almost done!

Migrated topic.

HydroBlowBack

Rising Star
Ok so i started my first extraction y.day using a modded version of the nomans tek i have my lovely white crystals in my jar but they are floating so i need to evaporate the naptha (low oder white spirit). im just wondering the best way i have a fan over it at the mo and the windows open but its taking ages! and how long should it take cos im chomping at the bit lol any input apreciated! :) now ive had the fan over it all of the crystals have dissapeard into the naptha if i freeze again will i get them back? how much longer shall i leave it in the freezer? :(

so shall i just stick it back in there it was in all night but only some of the crystals where stuck to the bottom and the rest where floating so i used the fan now thev gone! if i get my crystals back how can i get rid of the naptha and leave the spice? could i pull it off the top then freeze? thnx for speedy reply =)

hrmm - well you could just pour off the naptha - some ppl use filters but swims never had much luck with em - the spice just melts into the filter where swim stays or u could scrape it up with a blade after pouring off.

make sure it is evaped to the stage where it goes milky when u blow on it before sticking it into the freezer (this is naptha weight Dependant tho it seems)

work fast in a cool environment

i just put it back in its basically just naptha now no crystals! will they come back after iv frozen them again? how long do u think it will take another 12 hours? so shall i take it out and pu the fan back on it? are the crystals supposed to dissapear or should i just leave it in the freezer and hope they reappear? :(

Leave it in the freezer (covered) for a few more hours, when you go to pour off the naphtha, the cyrstals will stick to the side. Don't be using filters, just pour slowly, and like I said, the good stuff will stay behind.
Dont worry about the loose crystals in the solution, when you go to pour off, they will adhere, as well. Just pour off slowly..

Back
Top Bottom