• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Evaporating water to leave residue?

Migrated topic.

Swarupa

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
Last night i made some mushroom tea & the paper coffee filter had a bit of tea left in it as it clogged with mushroom material towards the end of filtering. I left this little amount of tea sat in the filter overnight and this morning the water has evaporated leaving behind a dark blue 'sludge' in the paper coffee filter.

Im wondering if this would be active?

I can't eat it today due to tolerance but is there an easy way to totally evaporate the water off so i can try it next time?

Any tips on a good way to evaporate the water?

I presume boil it down, then maybe have the low volume of water/tea on a glass tray with gentle heat underneath in a dark room.

The best answer is probly - just drink the tea!

Chronic said:
Last night i made some mushroom tea & the paper coffee filter had a bit of tea left in it as it clogged right at the end, it always seems to do this & i usually have to then transfer into a fresh filter to get the last bit, this time after transferring once already i decided to leave that last bit of tea sitting in the filter... (if anyone knows any decent paper coffee filters, or a very decent way of filtering mushroom tea im all ears)

this is my tek, i've done this at least 20 times in the past year and it works perfect

tea tek

Well I know this is alittle late to save your blue sludge lol, but if you're still interested...

You could have gotten a jar, filled it half way with dry calcium chloride or magnesium sulfate and set the coffee filter ontop in the jar, then seal the jar.

These salts are great at absorbing water and would pull it out of your goo.

Honestly, it may be better to powder the mushies and mix them with something acidic like orange juice, then drink the whole mix. The juice breaks down the mycelium and extracts the actives, meaning a quicker/cleaner onset without nausea.

Been reading these types of forums for years, and have yet to see someone report a reliable way to extract psilocybin (at least not without an involved/hazardous process that's much more trouble than its worth).

Back
Top Bottom