• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Extracting DMT, harmalas, mescaline and hyoscyamine from old Ayahuasca?

Migrated topic.

Ginkgo

Rising Star
Hello everyone!

I have a few doses of a few months old Ayahuasca sitting in the fridge. Today I opened it and it really smelled bad, like it was highly fermented or something. I can't for anything in the world think that I would want to ingest this.

So, then to my question. What is the easiest way to extract the goodies from this brew? The thing is, it doesn't only contain DMT and harmalas, but also mescaline and tropane alkaloids from D. stramonium. It also contains a small amount of psiloc(yb)in from P. semilanceata.

My immediate thought was to use IPA and just evaporate it. Will this work for all alkaloids mentioned (this is important)? I think this would pull much of the other stuff too, so perhaps I should wash it once or twice. How should this be done in order to conserve most of the goodies?

I must add that I'm not necessarily looking for an absolutely pure product, but I would enjoy it if it would be somewhat crystalline in apparency.

Thanks for all help! :)

camakazi said:
Did you drink any of this brew? sounds like it'd be quite the ride :).
Unfortunately I never did! The brew was an idea that popped up in a hazy moment, quickly forgotten in the next hazy moment. So I was gladly surprised to find it in my fridge, but sad to smell the foul scent. Now I'm hoping for it to be possible to extract from! :)

ach lets hope you still get the goodness back out via some sort of ayahuasca to pharmahuasca tek. I bet it'd have produced a spectacular journey though... caapi alks and p. semilanceata alone is quite profound ;)

good luck

dreamer042 said:
maybe try resin tek on it?

seems it would be the best way of ensuring you get everything in there
Resin tek? It is already a thick liquid, nearly resin. I'm not at all confident that a water extraction will remove the stuff I don't want.

Let me forward this by saying that I have never tried this and am not sure if it would work for all the alkaloids mentioned, but how about this:

lightly heat the mixture until nearly all the water is gone and you are left with a probably still foul smelling pile of goo. Then, do an A/B on that goo using D-Limo. This would probably get most of the goodies out. There may be something I am terribly overlooking with this that will make me slap my head on my forehead, but I can't think of it right now.

Good luck, and happy extracting!!!

Dreamer, the fact that the brew went off is the problem to fix here. evaporation will not get rid of any mold so EveGlow needs to do an extract less crude that simply evaporating.
I don't think IPA or ethanol the best option here as it a poor solvent for harmalas already.
But wil an A/B get the psilocibin/psilocin goodies ?
I don't think it would be so easy but maybe then try a ethanol/IPA soak first to be evap and then do an A/B to get the rest of the goodies out. LImo is a good option.

Simply re-heating the tea should be enough to make it safe, resin accomplishes the same thing assuming it's hot enough to kill the mold without destroying the alks.

psilocybin will not survive an a/b extraction or intense heat, mescaline also will not survive intense heat. I'm not sure how datura alks and harmalas will react to a standard a/b with a non-polar.

Acetone and ipa may not be the *best* for extracting harmalas, but they pick up enough to be effective, there are many many people with caapi tinctures and enhanced leaves that will attest to that. Also upon evaporation they will yield an end product free of any nasty molds or bacterias that should still contain a full spectrum of your alks albiet maybe with a little less harmalas.

I don't really see any other options that won't destroy some of your alkaloids

Back
Top Bottom