• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Substance testing First attempt at my DMT extraction (Test Results)

Nice result! Did they say what makes the other 9%?
Couldn't get any information on that. Unspecified. It's a shame not to know, but I'm pretty happy with the result anyways.
Extraction was form mimosa hostilis bark. Didn't use Root Bark this time.
Btw, what's with 2-methyltetrahydro-β-carboline? Any info?

what's with 2-methyltetrahydro-β-carboline? Any info?
Surprisingly little pharmacological information exists for this relatively widespread alkaloid. Given its occurrence in chacruna and mimosa, it appears to be relatively safe in its normal use context. As an isolated compound, there have been very few studies carried out. One that compared it with the neurotoxin precursor MPTP, from which it differs by the cyclised imine group in the indole ring, showed it to have minimal human toxicity. In rats it was far more readily metabolised to a neurotoxic quaternary ammonium compound analogous with MPP+ (which forms from the aforementioned MPTP). Fortunately in humans a different detoxification route is favoured.

All the same, I wouldn't recommend persistent, high-dose usage of vaporised DMT containing large amounts (~9+%…) of 2-Me-THβC, since this favours more risky neural metabolism over the detoxifying hepatic first-pass metabolism of oral dosing, despite oral DMT doses typically being larger than the average vaped dose. This is without figuring in a potential protective effect from harmala alkaloids - and I should emphasise, this is all my considered opinion based on a paucity of information. A level of wariness seems advisable, and it pays to inform oneself on these matters.

Improving information on 2-Me-THβC is one of those things that's been on my burgeoning to-do list for quite some time. A bit of digging around both on the forum and in the scientific literature should bring up the relevant references for the points I've mentioned. If you encounter any difficulties in your search, give me a shout and I'll see what I can drag out of my offline storage.

Surprisingly little pharmacological information exists for this relatively widespread alkaloid. Given its occurence in chacruna and mimosa, it appears to be relatively safe in its normal use context. As an isolated compound, there have been very few studies carried out. One that compared it with the neurotoxin prceursor MPTP, from which it differs by the cyclised imine group in the indole ring, showed it to have minimal human toxicity. In rats it was far more readily metabolised to a neurotoxic quaternary ammonium compound analogous with MPP+ (which forms from the aforementoned MPTP). Fortunately in humans a different detoxification route is favoured.

All the same, I wouldn't recommend persistent, high-dose usage of vaporised DMT containing large amounts (~9+%…) of 2-Me-THβC, since this favours more risky neural metabolism over the detoxifying hepatic first-pass metabolism of oral dosing, despite oral DMT doses typically being larger than the average vaped dose. This is without figuring in a potential protective effect from harmala alkaloids - and I should emphasise, this is all my considered opinioned based on a paucity of information. A level of wariness seems advisible, and it pays to inform oneself on these matters.

Improving information on 2-Me-THβC is one of those things that's been on my burgeoning to-do list for quite some time. A bit of digging around both on the forum and in the scientific literature should bring up the relevant references for the points I've mentioned. If you encounter any difficulties in your search, give me a shout and I'll see what I can drag out of my offline storage.
Thank you very much for this!! I am not doing big doses, but sub-psychedelic ones every 2 days or so. Had a big trip 2 months ago more or less, mixing low dmt dose and low ketamine dose that basically felt like I had to get some insight before going into it.
I feel like I should re-x that now that I’ve read what you wrote.

Can you share the report with all privacy related data removed so that we can take a look at the raw data?

If you are not sure how to do that then start a conversation with me, and I will explain.

Kind regards,

The Traveler
All there is there is the method used for testing. LC/MS. The 9% stays undetermined, which is a shame because it’s supposed to be a specialized lab on drug testing. Can’t really post much more, as it’s a national organization, and even though it’s all personal use, I don’t wanna risk much!
I’m open to conversations if anyone wants to.

All there is there is the method used for testing. LC/MS. The 9% stays undetermined, which is a shame because it’s supposed to be a specialized lab on drug testing. Can’t really post much more, as it’s a national organization, and even though it’s all personal use, I don’t wanna risk much!
I’m open to conversations if anyone wants to.
If it's LC/MS data, even being able to see where the other peaks are would be of some use. I'd be quite surprised if they hadn't been able to identify 2-MTHBC, however. That's why access to the raw data would be useful - whether the remaining 9% is a single peak or a scattering of other peaks.

On that note, another possibility is that some of the 'missing' material is NMT, but again it would be a little surprising if they decided not to explicitly identify that. Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to eliminate the possibility of crystalline occlusion of hydrocarbon solvent, for example.

Thank you very much for this!! I am not doing big doses, but sub-psychedelic ones every 2 days or so. Had a big trip 2 months ago more or less, mixing low dmt dose and low ketamine dose that basically felt like I had to get some insight before going into it.
I feel like I should re-x that now that I’ve read what you wrote.
As mentioned in the post above, all we know at the moment is that we don't know! I do think a focussed effort to increase understanding around 2-MTHBC would be a great idea, though. We don't know how easily it separates by recrystallisation - what if it co-crystallises? The two molecules are very similar in a number of ways.

It would be most useful to find a reliable presumptive test for 2-MTHBC content in DMT with this last factor in mind. Something suitable may exist already, of course, so an initial plan of action should commence with an exhaustive review of the literature. This deserves a thread of its own, too, so I'll be setting one up. EDIT: It's now set up here!

If it's LC/MS data, even being able to see where the other peaks are would be of some use. I'd be quite surprised if they hadn't been able to identify 2-MTHBC, however. That's why access to the raw data would be useful - whether the remaining 9% is a single peak or a scattering of other peaks.

On that note, another possibility is that some of the 'missing' material is NMT, but again it would be a little surprising if they decided not to explicitly identify that. Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to eliminate the possibility of crystalline occlusion of hydrocarbon solvent, for example.
Here's a result backing up the likelihood of the unknown compounds being NMT & MTHBC:

Back
Top Bottom