• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

First extraction attempt

Migrated topic.

hysterix

Rising Star
Hey everyone, this is my first extraction attempt and I thought to post my steps, and later results.

Okay here we go!

Here are our materials:
DSCF0595-1.jpg

Here is our bark for our first run:
DSCF0597.jpg

We mixed pre dissolved lye (120 grams of lye into 1500 ml water)into 240 grams of bark (note the hydrogen cell in the background):
DSCF0598.jpg

Here is a trippy one:
DSCF0599.jpg

Stirred the mass for 20 minutes and then left for two hours:
DSCF0600.jpg

Slowly stirred in the naphtha (170 ml) for 30 minutes and then left to sit:
DSCF0602.jpg

Extracted the naphtha with our 25 ml pipette and placed into glass baking dish (note the festive decorations on the pan)
DSCF0601.jpg

Well, I left the naphtha to evaporate some and then put it into our really cold freezer. Wish me luck!

Hey Kagenical, I got it from bouncing bear. Also the camera pic looks kind of weird, the bark itself is pinkish; when I was working with the bark, pink/purple dust was in the air, so hopefully it's good.

You should be fine.

Purple/pink is the way it should be. Purple dust flying everywhere sounds right.

I hope your yields are massive!

Ahh, makes sense. I can see it now with a bit of "mental" colour adjustment.

I'm jealous of you Americans with your VM&P Naptha aha.

Good luck with the rest of your extraction.

Hey everyone! I removed the baking pan from the freezer and, it looks like it was a success! Here are some pics:

DSCF0603.jpg

DSCF0604.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

I don't know if this scale is precise, it needs to be calibrated:
DSCF0607.jpg

So I just tried a little less than 20 mg and it definitely works! I didn't get anywhere near a breakthrough, but yes, it most certainly is it!

I will post further pulls as I do them, but to all on these boards, thank you so much!

Jorkest, that is the scale that I use as well.

However, it doesn't seem to activate until 30mg. I can put a bottle on it, and tare, and it still only seems sensitive to .03 grams. I've sent one in for a new one on the warranty, and still have issues with it not being able to measure down to .01 grams like it should.

you should get a milligram scale..i think i made a post about a pretty good one that is like 40 bucks...its worth getting..SWIM uses the above scale for measuring larger quantities of materials

Ya, I think I need to get that milligram scale you are talking about Jorkest. Jorkest, I tried to use a bubbler and a brillo pad, and it was a complete sham; I thought of you jorkest when I was hitting the bowl, and a singular phrase came to mind, "vaporgenie". I am ordering one as we speak, and will post the results of the further pulls, and the final weight as it comes.

Jorkest said:
you should get a milligram scale..i think i made a post about a pretty good one that is like 40 bucks...its worth getting..SWIM uses the above scale for measuring larger quantities of materials

I did look at that, but all the stores online I've seen want $70 for that milligram scale that was recommended.

Hey everyone! So here is an update to my first pull.

I had a bunch of stuff to do so I left the bark/muck sit for a couple of days. I did four more pulls with naphtha (last one being warm), and put all four into my glass baking pan. I let it evaporate half way before putting it into the freezer. Here are the results:

Snow globes!
DSCF0608.jpg

DSCF0616.jpg

DSCF0615.jpg

I measured it out on my non-calibrated scale, and I think I have a bit under two grams. I ordered a nice scale and vaporgenie, so I will make sure to post the trip report and true weight.

Peace to all, and thanks for these boards!

Thanks for the excellent photo log of the extractions. It helped swim quite a bit.
My friend tried his first extraction today. 100g powdered MHRB, 30g lye, 750ml water.
The first pull with 80ml naptha yeilded .13grams. I'm happy with that considering my lack of knowledge of all things chemical.
Will do more pulls off this batch this week. I'm psyched that its working for me at all.

Peace,
Sight_Seeker

I've had some experience smoking DMT in a vaporgenie and I've found it's not ideal. It is kind of difficult to take large enough hits to completely break through. It'll do something, for sure, but I think the Machine would be a better choice, so you can take bigger hits. Using a vaporgenie is just kind of difficult after the second hit, you know?

That being said a vaporgenie is definitely a great purchase. Just be careful trying to vape weed in it after doing DMT through it, I remember getting a little bit of a DMT high when trying to vape weed afterwards.

"Whoah dude, hold on a minute, whoah. Whoah. Hold on... Whoah."

Hey sight seeker, I'm glad my photos and walk through helped you out. Keep on pulling naphtha at least 4 or 5 separate times through your batch you will probably be surprised how much you will pull.

Back
Top Bottom