• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

First graft success

Migrated topic.

smoothmonkey

Rising Star
Hello fellow humanoids,

I recently grafted a 9 month old peyote onto a nice PC pach with success!

A few years back when i started growing cacti, many of you and your beautiful gardens were a source of inspiration. I've wanted to try this out since seeing those posts. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and photos. :)

--For now it's in the shade with maybe a few hours of direct light a day in the afternoon. I'm wondering: what are optimal lighting conditions for something like this? Columnar cacti like full sun, and peyote mostly shade if I'm not mistaken. But then I've seen people growing their grafted cactus indoors under intense lights?

Can't wait to see this guy bubble up!

Peace

-smoothmonkey

Attachments

• IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Thanks! The graft seems to have taken; however, 2 areoles near the cut of the grafting stock have started pupping!! They will most definitely take up lots of space and I'm wondering if I'd be better just cutting them off to give the loph it's due space? I wonder if the stock is sending most of it's energy towards these new pups as opposed to sending it all to the loph?

smoothmonkey said:
Thanks! The graft seems to have taken; however, 2 areoles near the cut of the grafting stock have started pupping!! They will most definitely take up lots of space and I'm wondering if I'd be better just cutting them off to give the loph it's due space? I wonder if the stock is sending most of it's energy towards these new pups as opposed to sending it all to the loph?

The safer bet... is to remove the pups and force the scion to grow and ensure 100% of the energy goes into the scion.

Back
Top Bottom