• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

First Time Extracting - Will this work?

Migrated topic.

gnome

Rising Star
Hi All,
This is my first post, and after reading through the site I gathered up some information on extraction teks. I have yet to attempt an extraction and I was hoping someone could help me by giving this process an ok. As directed by Entropymancer I wrote myself(or really just copied pasted) a guideline of combining Noman's Tek with step 7 of Vovins Tek. I feel like im missing a step between the conversion of going from the Nomans to Vovins Tek:

4.Now add 1mL naptha per gram of bark in the mixing jar and turn the jar end over end. Do not shake or splash or there will be a tendency for the solution to form an emulsion. Simply roll the naptha around in the bark solution. Do this for one minute and then let the jar stand until the naptha has pretty much separated to the top.
5. Repeat agitation three more times.
6. After the final agitation, separate the two layers. The naptha (top layer) goes in one of the collection jars, the rest stays in the mixing jar with the bark.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 three more times. Leave the last NP extraction in the jar for a day or two, agitating occasionally to pick up any strays.
8. Naphtha from above
Distilled Water
Sodium Carbonate
This is a somewhat new process that is not found in many of the older tek's. This
process will try to remove as many of the foreign chemicals from the naphtha
solution as possible. Especially the lye that was added in a previous step. The
goal here is to leave only the DMT in the naphtha so that when you evaporate
you end up with pure crystals.
-Begin by taking about 50 ml of Distilled water and placing it into a flask and
adding sodium carbonate to it. Just add a pinch to the water. (make sure you do this and then just pour the amount you need according to the ratio needed below) It doesn't take
much. You will only be using this mixture for the first wash. Do not use it for the
second and third washes.
A little dab will do yah here, add only a small amount of the water/sodium
carbonate solution to your naphtha. If you have 300 ml of naphtha then you want
to put around 25 ml of the sodium carbonated water. Mix the 2 together and then
place them in a seperatory funnel. Shake the hell out of it this is the only mixing
step where the liquids separate almost immediately so no worries about too much
agitation. After a healthy shaking the water and the naphtha almost immediately
separate. Only if all separations were this easy. The water is on the bottom of the
funnel. Separate the water from the naphtha and discard the water.
For the second and third washes you want to use only distilled water nothing
should be added. 25 ml per wash is sufficient. Perform the same procedure as
above. You should not leave the water in the naphtha for too long. This means no
sitting for hours letting it 'soak' you need to get it in and out.
After 3 washes the naphtha is clear as glass

... and also if this is correct, what exactly am i supposed to do next?
Thanks, gnome

SWIM has had no problems with his naptha so the steps mentioned below the actual TEK for spice is useless. If this is post pull with DMT in said naptha, I do not see the need for this step at all.

xstacy,
Thanks for the quick response... Sorry for all the questions(once again im a noob with this stuff), but your saying that if i were to follow Noman's Tek, I could realistically stop at step 9?
Thanks, gnome

SWIM uses powdered bark

750 mL water (SWIM is lame and uses TAP water not distilled)
50-75g MHRB (unmeasured)
50-100g lye (unmeasured) better to have too much than not enough

water into jar
slowly added lye to water and stirred (causes jar to heat)
add bark and cap
(sometimes SWIM waits an hour or few)
shook jar to increase surface area

Add 2 turkey basters of naptha(note this is much more most teks recommend but swim finds it easier to get the naptha back)

Shake/end over end turning to mix naptha, let sit.
***If adding naptha does not show 2 layers, but a single black/dark purple solusion ADD WATER***
Pull naptha off after a bit(at least an hour according to SWIM) put into a collection dish
(pyrex makes some damn good small bowls with lids)

SWIM does not combine jars, pulls and freezes one at a time. After 3-8hrs of freezing, SWIM pours naptha (trying to avoid floaties escaping) back into solution jar, turn collection jar upside down on lid slightly open (to allow the tiny amount of naptha left to drain OFF the spice and any oils present drain on to the lid(wash when done)))

Let sit for a couple hours, scrape it with a razor, load into favor smoking device and join the hyperspace club.

Every step SWIM does every time. SWIM repeats plenty of times for up to a month. VM&P naptha is what SWIM acquires.

SWIM does not recrystalize as he says blastoff is achieved just fine. This is what SWIM uses which he came up with while reading the STB teks. I suggest you do as SWIM did and find what works for you. TEKs are nothing but guides, not set in stone. Chemistry is as much an art as it is a science.

Thank you very much for all your help... and yes I've come to notice that the extractions are not as strict as i thought they were. Im glad to see that there is some breathing room in these techniques.
gnome

SWIM's also a noob, so heres SWIM question.

Xstacy- SWIY's naphtha, is that just the name SWIY use for any product? For example, lighter fluid? Or is it something strict, such as a chemical.

Also, where did SWIY get their lye? Internet?

SWIY said after they let it sit for 3-8 hours, SWIY pours the naptha, is that from the thing that was being frozen?

Heres SWIM's understanding of it...

You add water, then lye, then powdered bark.
Shake.

Add naptha, turn until its clearly two different liquids. Then extract the top liquid (naptha mixture) using like, turkey basters.

Put that in some sort of container (unknown to SWIM) and throw that in the freezer?

Remove, drain using coffee drainer? Let what was removed sit?

Thats what SWIM would do if SWIM were to make DMT using powdered MH.

What should be fixed?

SaintSpader said:
SWIM's also a noob, so heres SWIM question.

Xstacy- SWIY's naphtha, is that just the name SWIY use for any product? For example, lighter fluid? Or is it something strict, such as a chemical.
VM&P naptha from Home Depot,Lowes, Ace Hardware

Also, where did SWIY get their lye? Internet?

SWIY said after they let it sit for 3-8 hours, SWIY pours the naptha, is that from the thing that was being frozen?

Correct, SWIm pours the frozen naptha back into the jar with lye/water/bark and for reuse.

Heres SWIM's understanding of it...

You add water, then lye, then powdered bark.
Shake.
Correct. Shaking the bark in the lye water increases surface area and helps release the spice from the bark.

Add naptha, turn until its clearly two different liquids. Then extract the top liquid (naptha mixture) using like, turkey basters.
SWIM waits HOURS sometimes days end over end turning/shaking. SWIM does not use heat - ever

Put that in some sort of container (unknown to SWIM) and throw that in the freezer?
Yes
Remove, drain using coffee drainer? Let what was removed sit?
No, do not ever coffee filters, there is no point. After the 3-8hrs of freezing the pulled naptha in collections jars, SWIM puts that naptha back into the first jar with bark/lye/water for reuse. SWIM turns collection jar upside down to prevent any oils from mixing into spice on the bottom or sides of the collection jar.
Thats what SWIM would do if SWIM were to make DMT using powdered MH.

What should be fixed?

Done.

I did what Jorkest suggested and read some more teks.

Thanks for the thorough reply Xstacy, another question came up though.

When you pull the frozen Naphtha from the Freeze and pour back into the Bark mixture, would the DMT crystals stick to the jar? Wouldn't they come out with the Naphtha? I thought as a freebase DMT dissolves in non polar solvents?

And if your using a mason jar, how would you get the dmt crystals out, after emptying it of Naphtha?

No the crystals do not (for the most part) ignoring any that are floating. Swim simply pours slowly and makes those stick to the sides etc but they are VERY few. Freezing the spice (not really the naptha as most freezers cant freeze naptha) causes then to precipitate out of the naptha and stick to the glass collection jar.

Freebase DMT dissolves in ROOM temp or greater non-polar solvent, but DMT freezes under 30 degress F but Naptha does not, hince, it freeze precipitates out of the naptha and grows crystals on the jar.

Swim says that he uses a Pyrex bowl which seems to work well. The mason jars are for the Rx of bark/water/lye.

Back
Top Bottom