• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

First yield is thick, dark red, resinous goop. Troubleshoot needed.

ChaosMan

Rising Star
Hi all, I've been conducting Lazymens straight to base tek for the past couple days.. I'd like to share a couple of the oversights, issues, and complications I've had with my personal technique and procedure in hopes I can troubleshoot a little.

So, to my knowledge the biggest issue I've run into is just the fact I've used too large a bucket (25L) whilst only using 5L of total liquid volume (water, lye, powdered root bark). I'm using a kilo of root bark. This pretty just makes it difficult and tedious to separate the organic solvent layer from the aqueous layer. I have no separatory funnel so I'm using a combination of decanting and syringe, though I've had a couple slip ups naturally.

My friend recommended that I attempt to freeze precipitate the alkaloids from the Naptha, so I tried that though with my first "pull" I only ended up with a very small clump of white crystal on the coffee filter when done.. so feeling a little frustrated and also tired, I emptied my second pull into a flat porcelain dish and ran a fan over it whilst I slept. Waking up, I was met with a thin layer of what looked like a yellow resin, scraping this up with a razor blade has left me with something similar to "jimjam" or jungle spice, lumps of red sticky stuff... now if all of my yields are like this it is not the end of the world as I intend on making changa and bufo changa with the end product anyway.. but I'm wondering if anyone would be able to point me into the direction of better resources or methods for seperating my alkaloids from solvent with minimal impurity. Would salting work? Or should I just keep trying with freeze precipitation. Thank you all in advance, I hope you are well. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom