• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Freeze yielda nothing, Evaporation yieldsa nothing. EDIT - success !!

Migrated topic.

crakkbakk

Rising Star
Stb, 100g mhrb, 100g+ NaOH, 150mL vmp naphtha.

First naphtha pull freeze yields nothing in filter or jar. Placing back into original jar, pulled and evaporated yielded waxy shit and a small puddle that wouldn't evaporate. Sucking this up Into a sryinge left a yellow brown liquid in the sryinge that resembled the bottom layer of the main jar, even tho though when I pulled it, it was clear?

My theory is that when I froze it I used too much naphtha. When I evaporated it, the dmt was stuck I'm the wax shit.

My new plan is to just evaporate it down to like 50mL then freeze it.

How hot is too hot for evaporating naphtha? Maybe the hotplate melted off dmt?
Is it possible that the "100% lye" isn't actually 100%?

If you evaporated the naphtha using a hotplate, I think it's very likely you vaporized the DMT as well. How much heat were you using? The boiling point of DMT is around 60 degrees celsius, but may be lower when impure.

Why use heat to evaporate anyway? Naphtha evaporates quite quickly at room temperature in a shallow dish (particularly with a fan blowing over it)

No wonder that SWIM only got 600mg of spice from 85g of bark. That was a first run, but he'll keep it in mind when using near-boiling water to heat the NaOH and Naphtha for each pull.

Ok sounds good. This is what I decided to do: Three 150mL pulls were evaporated below 100mL and are now in freezer.

I have a feeling that this freeze precipitation should work. There isn't a reason it shouldn't.

I will evaporate the rest of the naphtha without heat after freeze precipitation.

I ran out of a liter of naphtha really fast :(.

Back
Top Bottom