• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Freezer Precip Frozen Water

Migrated topic.

TheBulb2005

Rising Star
I have four jars in the freezer which are precipitating a lot of crystals, however I realized that there is frozen water on the bottom of them. DMT is water soluable so I wonder, how do I filter the solution successfuly? Wouldn't the ice melt on the fitler paper with the DMT and make it run through? Any ideas?

[quote:7e87efdad3="TheBulb2005"]I have four jars in the freezer which are precipitating a lot of crystals, however I realized that there is frozen water on the bottom of them. DMT is water soluable so I wonder, how do I filter the solution successfuly? Wouldn't the ice melt on the fitler paper with the DMT and make it run through? Any ideas?[/quote:7e87efdad3] Yes :) 'DMT is water soluble' well, true, not true, depends if your DMT is a salt like DMT Acetate, then indeed it is water soluble if your DMT is in its freebase form however then it is not water soluble What i'd do is: 1. start by taking everything out of the freezer and letting everything liquify again 2. use a pH strip or meter to determine the pH of the water sitting at the bottom. if your strip indicates the pH is up near or above 13 (i bet it is) then you can safely assume no dmt is in there and you should separate the layers again this time making sure no water comes across 3. if the pH of the water at the bottom is only say around 8, this could suggest some DMT is in there. you should add a little sodium hydroxide (depending on how much water is there - you want to be able to dissolve ALL the NaOH you add) and get the pH up to 14. then continue separate layers this time leaving behind the water i'm not sure why everyone insists on using coffee filters and that ime it's not necessary what i do is: 1. freeze precip for two days 2. have a second jug ready to catch all the solvent 3. in the freezer, pour off the solvent into the other one being careful not to let any dmt come across 4. remove your dmt container and evap off any remaining shellite with a fan for an hour or so that's it usually the DMT isn't going anywhere as it's well stuck to the side of the glass, only once i notced a few floaters in there but they were easy to hold back anyway

SWIM fully agree with you Coschi on the freezing and pouring or sucking off most of the Naph and then warming it up to desolve the dmt and then pouring it out to evaporate. Swim had the same problem when he did his first extraction and forgot to dry out the jar. Swim just poured out the water with the naph and let it all evaporate. It caused little spots to form that seemed to attract some of the oils as it evaporated and ended up with some of it being pretty clean. The freezing and sucking off the Naph and warming up helps to get some of the oils out too because the oil seems to stick together and also stick to the sides of the jar. SWIM would suggest not using a fan to evaporate because sometimes it will form fluffy and would blow away.

[quote:55eaaf755d="Coschi"]usually the DMT isn't going anywhere as it's well stuck to the side of the glass, only once i notced a few floaters in there but they were easy to hold back anyway[/quote:55eaaf755d] anyone have any ideas for a shit ton of floaters ? any good ways to get them all out and the naptha filtered without them melting back into it ?

decant slowly (do it when it's just out of the freezer) the floaters will come up close to the lip of the jar but if you're careful, you can use the inverted lip bit to hold back the clumps do you know what i mean? you don't need to get every bit of shellite out of there, just the vast majority. just put a fan on what's left it'll be dry in no time 😉

Back
Top Bottom