• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

hard to swallow pills

Migrated topic.

clouds

Human
Hi Nexus,

What do you think were your hardest to swallow pills in life?

I have 2:

1. Psychedelics might "show me" something that seems real but I had to swallow that it might be just part of my imagination.

2. Psychedelics have shown me that I am less clever / smart than what I thought I were.

what are yours?

Maybe something to the effect of optimism can't be used as a crutch to counteract depression, and it tends to lull me into delusion.

That life or what we define as reality may in fact be nothing more than an elaborate and ethereal vision, and is about as solid as a cloud in the sky. It's a relief coming down from intense experiences, psychedelic or otherwise, to a solid base of something tangible and 'real' where you can dismiss those kinds of thoughts as fantasy. Except, this pill persists. Not in a fearful way, but a beautifully tragic and true way. Realising that your ego, your relationships, everything that constitutes that tangible baseline of consensus reality isn't actually there, not in an intellectual or metaphorical sense but as an actuality; reality then has little meaning beyond what you project on to it.

To have a meanigful life takes hard work and consistent effort. Pain, effort, joy & sacrafice. All a part of it.

Stagnation kills. Life didn't get to where it is now by being stagnate. How would our lives be any different in terms of action, relative to the rest of the known universe?

The people who I wish would not spiral into destruction generally do. My brother died. A friend is soon going to jail.

Counter-pill: sometimes they don’t. I didn’t. A good friend of mine has made major recovery in recent years.

Learning how to choose between medicinal pills and poison pills seems like the aim of this game. There is
no such thing as “just accepting” in my experience, which is where this metaphor breaks down a little I think. Coming to understanding is an activity, it is not passive reception. That is what is medicine, in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom