• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Heading to Chicago (David Gilmour Concert 2016)

Migrated topic.

TGO

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you.
hey everybody!

The lady and I are about to go to Chicago for a David Gilmour concert on Monday! We are leaving tonight so we will have all of Sunday and most of Monday to explore the city (concert is at 8pm). Any tips or exciting places to visit would be greatly appreciated. We don't have any places planned in particular as of yet so pretty much anything will do!

Thanks!

:love:

Science and industry museum, art museum, aquarium if you like that sort of stuff. Sears tower if you like heights. Tons of stuff to see and do. Stuff

Concert alone would be worth the trip, be safe and hope you all have a good time 😁

What an amazing experience this was. I am still lost for words weeks later. The precision and professionalism provided by Gilmour and his crew was top notch and unfathomable. It was performed at the United Center in Chicago, a HUGE venue! We had floor seats and were only about 40-50 or so rows away from the stage. We were all crammed in there like sardines but nobody seemed to mind. To say it was worth it is useless. This was one of the most incredible experiences of our life and we will never forget it! Here is the setlist that was performed:

SET 1

1. 5am
2. Rattle That Lock
3. Faces of Stone
4. Wish You Were Here
5. What Do You Want From Me
6. A Boat Lies Waiting
7. The Blue
8. Money
9. Us and Them
10. In Any tongue
11. High Hopes

SET 2

12. Astronomy Domine
13. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
14. Fat Old Sun
15. Coming Back to Life
16. The Girl In the Yellow Dress
17. Today
18. Sorrow
19. Run Like Hell

ENCORE

20. Time
21. Breathe (Reprise)
22. Comfortably Numb

I wish I had a better camera so bare with me on some of the pics. Plus, at the moment, I'm only sharing the pics that I took on our actual camera. We have a bunch more on her phone and my phone, I just might not have enough time to put it all together today.

Attachments

• DSCF0188.JPG
    DSCF0188.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0206.JPG
    DSCF0206.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0198.JPG
    DSCF0198.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0201.JPG
    DSCF0201.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0196.JPG
    DSCF0196.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0194.JPG
    DSCF0194.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0193.JPG
    DSCF0193.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0192.JPG
    DSCF0192.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Great pics! Too bad I missed LA last month....Rome in July (at Circus Maximus!?!?) sounds interesting...

Thanks! hopefully within the next week or two I'll have some more pics to share...just have to organize them and post the best ones!

:love:

Here is a few more. There are a couple of the Palmer House Hilton, which is the Hotel we stayed in along with a few more of the concert:

Edit: not sure why some are sideways and upside down, :oops:

I guess it might be because the first set of pictures were with an actual camera and the others were with my Gf's iphone...oh well, just do a handstand and you'll see them easier, hehe!

Attachments

• IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG