• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

How many Liberty Caps per gram?

Migrated topic.

Ginkgo

Rising Star
I am wondering about how many Liberty Caps (Psilocybe semilanceata) one gram of dried material is? Of course the size will vary alot, but I am just interested in a roughly estimate.

Thank you in advance! :)

Thank you! By "caps" you mean "Liberty Caps," not only the caps of the mushrooms, right? ;)

Yes, they will vary alot, but I am looking for the average... ;)

Someone else told me +- 25. Anyone else with some thoughts?

Evening Glory said:
Yes, they will vary alot, but I am looking for the average... ;)

Someone else told me +- 25. Anyone else with some thoughts?

iv never seen said shroomys but 25??? are they like really tiny or somthing?

We take around 30 Liberty Caps per dose

10rrxcf4j514w.JPG

Cant wait for the Shroom Hunting in Autumn

Observant said:
We take around 30 Liberty Caps per dose

Cant wait for the Shroom Hunting in Autumn
It seems to me that you're referring to taking 30 FRESH caps. The question is regarding DRIED liberty caps.
Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumptions, but I believe 30 dried caps would be WAY TOO many.

Yes am talking about 30 fresh ones - but the Potency won't rise through the drying process - 30 Shrooms stay 30 shrooms -and this is a confirmed average amount my Shroom Hunting Group recommends to its Participants.
They wont be too much ... but one can always take less 😉
My buddy enjoyed smoking about 50mg of Spice during his trip with this dosage.

Observant said:
Yes am talking about 30 fresh ones - but the Potency won't rise through the drying process - 30 Shrooms stay 30 shrooms -and this is a confirmed average amount my Shroom Hunting Group recommends to its Participants.
They wont be too much ... but one can always take less 😉
My buddy enjoyed smoking about 50mg of Spice during his trip with this dosage.
Are you saying that eating 30 fresh caps will produce the same exact intensity level as 30 dried caps would?
Perhaps that is true.

But it is pretty important not to confuse fresh doses (weight wise) with dried.

30 Fresh caps might weigh 20 grams, while 30 dried caps might only weigh 7 grams. Just want to make sure nobody tries to eat 20 grams of dried mushrooms.

30 medium sized dry Lib caps are around 1 gram. And the dose for a medium strong trip. I actually never count them I always weigh my doses. Usually around 1.3 - 2gr. dry.

Swim doses his Liberties by the shroom and not the weight. Swim likes between 75 - 150 "caps" for a nice strong trip or even more if he is feeling brave. As for dried shrooms he would say between 20 - 40 "caps" per gram (depending on the sizes of the shrooms.

put a nickel in one bag and rough out aprox 5 grams of lib in the other try and match the weights in the bags then split it up into 1/5ths?

Just a side note, for the ones only experiencing with 1-2 grams, you should really test mushrooms in high doses. In other words, 3 grams or more. Terence McKenna advised people to take 5 gram dried in complete darkness, I agree.

Thank you for the information on the weight. Soon the shroom season is starting here in Norway! :D

Back
Top Bottom