• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

I am the Interpreter?

Anhoktohen

Rising Star
Hello DMT-Nexus, I am glad to be a member here.

I'm relatively new to psychedelic experiences, but I am an avid experimenter in them. I am 22, and I am a graduate student pursing a PhD in organic chemistry. I've lived in the northern and southern united states, but I guess what I'd like to say about my story so far is the synchronicity of it all.

I was a heavy skeptic: scientific atheist would be a good explanation. and I kind of fell into chemistry without any real desire or direction. but last year, I took LSD for the first time, and suddenly my life became crystal clear: here was something that required an organic chemistry background to make, and I had somehow acquired such a background. I know it doesn't seem much, but right then and there I set my sights on life. I used to just drift around and think "I'll die someday, so whatever." now I think, "I only have another 60 or so years to enjoy all these psychedelics!" I've set my lifelong goals to setting up a personal lab for myself.

mushrooms followed, and then I began getting into Yopo. I've had several yopo trips with fairly varied results. they inspired me though, to go for the big game, the DMT extraction. I look forward to this.

back to synchronicity. when I was a scout, I was awarded an Indian name for my dedication to leadership in service (called the vigil honor in the Order of the Arrow, I don't want to explain it here but if you know what I'm talking about, you'll know I respect it deeply) my friends mainly got names like "smiling friend" and "energetic hiker". my name was "interpreter of the mighty chief" which at the time didn't seem that interesting. but every time I trip, I feel like it means more and more, and I enjoy it when I think about it. it probably means nothing, but to me it seems like it was meant to be (btw, in lenape language it is supposedly "Anhoktohen Allowat Sakima" hence my username).

I look forward to breaking through, and I hope this is the right community to share my voyages with.

ah another yopo tripper, I want to try this so bad. I am new too. May I suggest Ayuhausca? It is DMT and an MAOI inhibitor mixed, in a shamanic brew of sorts. It is a very simple extraction to begin with. Forgive me, I am not looking down on you, as you seem to be a celebrated chemist.

thanks everyone.

maxzar, yes, I have wanted to try ayuhausca, but the situation has never really been right. I wouldn't feel comfortable trying it without a sitter, whereas yopo I felt comfortable just doing on my own. not to mention money is a restriction, and it was cheaper to get a bunch of colubrina seeds at the time :)

Back
Top Bottom