• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

I hate that I only come here to report negative experiences

Migrated topic.

secretbrac

Rising Star
I really need to start sharing more of my positive DMT experiences here bc there are so many. But I was curious if anyone knows if DMT effects serotonin. I have been using DMT every day, once or twice, for months now. I guess already that doesn't sound good...but I never had any adverse effects. The last couple days for me have been a weird struggle to feel emotions. Last week I had a DMT trip that was so powerful it brought me to tears for awhile. This has happened before a couple times. But now I struggle to feel anything....nothing is exciting, nothing is funny, nothing is sad. It's terrible. I am hoping it passes in a couple days or so. Have any of you ever experienced this before?

I should also note that a week before I started feeling this way I took LSD, which I never do. I haven't done LSD in years and years and I really didn't enjoy it. Maybe that caused this.

I have times (like now) where I smoalk some amount daily (typically low dose). Don't worry about your frequency unless you become psychologically dependant and/or you're using it too much as an escape.

Your current experience makes me think that it could be the LSD that is causing your experience of lacking emotion. I've had such an experience before.

As for you first question, DMT (and other tryptamines) are serotonergic. Serotonergic doesn't mean it effects serotonin as a neurotransmitter specifically, but rather that it acts on the same receptor sites (in this case, the 5ht system).

One love

secretbrac said:
I really need to start sharing more of my positive DMT experiences here bc there are so many. But I was curious if anyone knows if DMT effects serotonin. I have been using DMT every day, once or twice, for months now. I guess already that doesn't sound good...but I never had any adverse effects. The last couple days for me have been a weird struggle to feel emotions. Last week I had a DMT trip that was so powerful it brought me to tears for awhile. This has happened before a couple times. But now I struggle to feel anything....nothing is exciting, nothing is funny, nothing is sad. It's terrible. I am hoping it passes in a couple days or so. Have any of you ever experienced this before?

I should also note that a week before I started feeling this way I took LSD, which I never do. I haven't done LSD in years and years and I really didn't enjoy it. Maybe that caused this.

Hello! Hopefully are you back to normal already, since this post is some days old. But in case someone else arrives on this thread, I'll just write my experience.
I sometimes feel a bit numb after high doses of LSD. Sort of depressed, but without the sadness, just emotionless like you. For me, it goes away after some days, when I'm back to normal or above baseline.
I'm unaware of what is really happening in the brain, but how I interpret it is that after 12 hours of roller-coaster trip on high doses of LSD, the brain is depleted of some compounds, and it needs to recover.

I'm gonna speculate something else...

I don't think it has to do with the acid or the dmt, if you had a bad trip ir "didn't enjoy it" the bland feeling wouldn't be that long lasting.

An neurotransmitter imbalance is unlikely but not impossible.

Ask yourself this. Are you content with your life situation? Is there anything that is pulling you down or holding you back? Do you feel stuck in a place without moving forward?

Consider your environment as a potential cause of low mood, and only if you can say for sure "that's not it" consider getting speach therapy.

Drugs, pharmaceuticals or psychedelics are not always the solution.

Hello friend

It seems that you are going through a strong moment in your life, you know, reading what is being discussed here, it seems to me that everything has its small and great possibility of being so, however, for you to have your own answer about what is happening, you could take a break from psychedelics, exercise your body a little, either walking, running, yoga, sports in general, take a good diet, rest well, socialize, express yourself, do art, whatever allows you to focus on your body, and in that way, you can relax your mind, feeling your essence, finding harmony, purifying a little your blood, thoughts, emotions, etc.,
with all due respect, take the time to be with you and little by little you can integrate your experiences, or your great experience of months.

It seems that you are reaching some personal limits and in my experience, when something like this has happened to me, it has been of great value, because at the end of the day, it was about getting to know me a little more in essence.

Best wishes to you in your process my friend, here we are together, it is good that you trust yourself to open up and comment what you are experiencing in your learning with psychedelic....

Hugs!

Hey guys,

So I found out that what i was going through is derealization. I really didn't know anything about it. There were a couple things in my life happening that probably led to this episode lasting so long. I feel it still sometimes after I use DMT. I get a little bit of it for like 10 minutes and it fades away luckily. I remember not to stress out about it and it seems to help .Yesterday something interesting happened. I was tripping and feeling like I was so close to something huge happening, like I felt myself being pushed towards this explosion of everything. I finally was so close that it was like touching me and i literally felt it take my "ego" (not sure if that is the right word to describe it). Like when your thoughts and your words don't feel natural anymore, some part of you has been taken. i felt the very moment it left me during that trip. Thank again guys for all your responses.

Back
Top Bottom