• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Identifying cebil seeds. Did my friend find a gold mine?

Migrated topic.

Adivino

Rising Star
Hi. A friend of SWIM lives in a country where Cebil (A. colubrina) grows wildly (South America).

He told him that he found a lot of trees near his house that look very similar to Cebil. Knowing that I have access to this forum with a lot of knowledgeable people, he asked me for help identifying what he found. He wasn't able to take good pictures of the trees, however he took pictures of the beans and seeds:

The beans:
OewOI.jpg

The seeds:
oPcdZ.jpg

Branches with leaves:
c2YwD.jpg

He will send me better images of the leaves, and I'll update this post.
Do they look like Cebil seeds? Aren't they flatter? Did he find a gold mine?

Incredible, ThirdEyeVision! He thinks that you are right! He told me that he now remembers having seen those pink flowers last Spring. They are beautiful, although not what he expected...

Here's a picture of the trees flowering:
Albizia_Julibrissin.jpg

I have similar trees growing all over where I live. (NE Florida)

I harvested a small amount of roots (~25 grams dried) and did a STB extraction on them.

I did get some nice crystals but obviously not very much since it was such a small quantity.

I plan on making a step by step photo tutorial on how to harvest the roots and dry/prepare them properly in the very near future.

Melodic Catastrophe said:
I have similar trees growing all over where I live. (NE Florida)

I harvested a small amount of roots (~25 grams dried) and did a STB extraction on them.

I did get some nice crystals but obviously not very much since it was such a small quantity.

I plan on making a step by step photo tutorial on how to harvest the roots and dry/prepare them properly in the very near future.

Crystals? What kind of crystals?! If albizia julibrissin rootbark had tryptamines in it... all US source-plant worries would be over!

It was the same kind of crystals that you get from freeze precip'd naptha pulls from MHRB.

Granted it wasn't very much and I'm not sure how active they were due to the insignificant quantity.

I'll update when I do another harvest / extraction.

It was the same kind of crystals that you get from freeze precip'd naptha pulls from MHRB.

Granted it wasn't very much and I'm not sure how active they were due to the insignificant quantity.

I'll update when I do another harvest / extraction.

From my understanding there is no DMT in this plant. What are you basing this on?

I'm not positive what kind of mimosa it is.

I figure if one mimosa contains DMT, others should too.

Maybe not all of them, but it's definitely something worth investigating.

And there are sOOooo many of them where I live, it would be foolish on my part not to give it a shot.

I'll harvest some more roots and take lots of pics and share my findings.

I'm not positive what kind of mimosa it is.

I figure if one mimosa contains DMT, others should too.
Bad logic...there are tons of mimosas...some of them are psychoactive, many are not. If you have no clue what's in the plant, it's really not safe to extract/bioassay from it. Also, there are species that have common names of "Mimosa XXXX" but are not actually Mimosas in the true phylogenetic sense...further confounding your search.

Back
Top Bottom