• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Indian Warrior (Pedicularis densiflora) 100:1 Extract - recommended dosage

Space88

Rising Star
Hello, can you please advise, how much of this extract I will need to take for sleep (to be able to fall asleep) ? Thank you!

Some useful info here:
Maybe you can extrapolate a sensible dose from the dosage recommendations in the article - dividing the amount of herb by 100 and starting with a third of that amount of extract might be best, especially since there's a warning about the semiparasitic plant picking up toxins from surrounding vegetation.

Hey, thanks for the article and advice! The seller of the extract does not provide any info on how much to take, there is only this product description (translated from german):

"The finest Indian Warrior extract (Pedicularis densiflora) in 100 concentration. This means: 1 gram is obtained from 100 grams, 3 grams from 0.3 kg, 5 grams from 0.5 kg and 9.99 grams from almost 1 kg of dried Indian Warrior"

If I buy, let's say 5g, then my starting dosage should be around 15-20mg?

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have been clearer because it's the amount of herb you'd be using in a dose of tea that you can divide by 100, rather than the amount of extract you may have happened to obtained at any one time. If you were to be using, roughly, the suggested amount of 5g of fresh herb in a tea, this equates to 50mg of extract - so your calculation for the amount of extract to start with is correct, [and maybe only some nuances were lost in translation!]
From the linked website:
I prefer to make a tea of the buds of the plant, making an infusion using 2-4 teaspoons or so of the herb to 2 cups of hot water. Because its window of blooming is short, I make a batch of tincture each year as well. I suggest starting with a drop dose, 2-4 drops of tincture, to get to know her, before potentially increasing to a dosage of 1-2 droppers full every 2-3 hour. Pedicularis is not a pregnancy or breastfeeding safe herb, and as always, consult with a trusted healthcare provider before starting any herbal regimen.

On a related note, please be sure to make yourself aware of our attitude rules, particularly regarding discussion of sources. While your extract may be 100% legal, we still prefer to limit discussion of extracts to those which we have prepared ourselves. We are strict on this principle in order to maintain the safety and wellbeing of the site as a whole.

Sorry, I should have been clearer because it's the amount of herb you'd be using in a dose of tea that you can divide by 100, rather than the amount of extract you may have happened to obtained at any one time. If you were to be using, roughly, the suggested amount of 5g of fresh herb in a tea, this equates to 50mg of extract - so your calculation for the amount of extract to start with is correct, [and maybe only some nuances were lost in translation!]
From the linked website:

On a related note, please be sure to make yourself aware of our attitude rules, particularly regarding discussion of sources. While your extract may be 100% legal, we still prefer to limit discussion of extracts to those which we have prepared ourselves. We are strict on this principle in order to maintain the safety and wellbeing of the site as a whole.
Understood, I'll familiarize myself with the attitude rules, especially regarding discussing sources. Thank you for the clarification and I appreciate your response!

Back
Top Bottom