• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Is soaking in acid bath overnight bad?

tomtom

Rising Star
Hey guys, quick question, Is it bad to soak my acacia acuminata in a vinegar acid bath overnight? I ask this because it says on one of the research pages that it's better to do multiple acid cooks rather than one long cook.

I am doing cybs hybrid ab tek and the first time I did it I soaked it in an acid bath for about an hour in warm/hot water, the next day I got oily DMT with no crystals, and then I did another after I left it to soak overnight, the second time I got yellow flakey crystals that look like sand, I then waited a day to do a second pull because I only have 1 pyrex dish for precipitation, the second pull yielded no DMT.

Is it possible the acid can destroy the DMT? Also is it possible if the sodium hydroxide can destroy the DMT if left in there too long?

Thanks, guys for any help
Kind regards
tomtom

Ye
Hey guys, quick question, Is it bad to soak my acacia acuminata in a vinegar acid bath overnight? I ask this because it says on one of the research pages that it's better to do multiple acid cooks rather than one long cook.

I am doing cybs hybrid ab tek and the first time I did it I soaked it in an acid bath for about an hour in warm/hot water, the next day I got oily DMT with no crystals, and then I did another after I left it to soak overnight, the second time I got yellow flakey crystals that look like sand, I then waited a day to do a second pull because I only have 1 pyrex dish for precipitation, the second pull yielded no DMT.

Is it possible the acid can destroy the DMT? Also is it possible if the sodium hydroxide can destroy the DMT if left in there too long?

Thanks, guys for any help
Kind regards
tomtom
Would also love an answer for this as I have a batch in overnight

An acid soak even for multiple days does not impact yield in a negative way, dmt salts in solution are very stable. The idea behind the practice is that by soaking the bark in acidic water the dmt has more chance to dissolve and migrate from the bark into the water. And then when you add the base it is readily available to convert to the freebase to dissolve in your non polar fase.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom