• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Isolating/Extracting 2C-B from presses

Migrated topic.

ducdevil

Rising Star
hello everyone - happy Thanksgiving!

i have some pressed pills of 2C-B and was interested in extracting/isolating the actives from the filler. i’m aware of how to do this with MDMA using anhydrous acetone; can the same be done with 2C-B?

wondering if the 2C-B is soluble in acetone (or other solvent), leaving impurities behind…pipetting off the acetone and evaporating? or the other way around?

any chemists have an idea of how this might be done? any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks very much! :)

PDF with solubility information attached

Attachments

• 4-BROMO-2%2C5-DIMETHOXYPHENETHYLAMINE.pdf
    232.8 KB · Views: 0
the salts aren't very soluble in acetone

you can do a simple a/b extraction, dissolve the tablets in acidic water, vinegar is fine, then filter or decant from the insoluble paste.

Wash the acidic extract with non-polar solvent, then basify and extract with the same solvent, then convert back to salt form, HCl is the best for this one. You can precipitate the salts out of the toluene or xylene by adding HCl in IPA, you dont need it to be super dry in this case so just add 1mL of muratic acid (37% aq HCl) to 10mL of Isopropanol, and add that solution dropwise. You can add some dry MgSO4 to the solution too to suck up a bit of the water too.

Naphtha isn't good in this case better use xylene or toluene though.

A simpler method which may be better for you,

2C-B HCl is poorly soluble in conc. HCl solutions. So extract the tablets with vinegar as before, care to use the least possible amount of volume for the best yield, filter or decant, then precipitate the 2C-B HCl with addition of conc. HCl. Store in refrigerator overnight for full precip. This method is simpler but will yield less.

So basically we can Manske 2C-B. Cool!

EDIT: would this work with NaCl from a vinegar solution, I wonder? That would dispense with the need for conc. HCl.

just wanted to thank those who have responded; i'm hoping this conversation can continue and some more ideas can be discussed. i'd like to have a clearer idea of what to do before i would proceed and potentially waste something. i'm a "max ion" level chemist...that's my current skill level - pretty much a novice! :lol:

i look forward to more entries, and once again - thanks!

Back
Top Bottom