• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Just visuals, never spiritual connection.

Migrated topic.

Psyaton

Rising Star
The issue in question is that in the 7 times that I have tried dmt, progressively increasing the dose and trying to have a good smoking technique, I have never felt a spiritual connection or anything similar, just incredible visuals, many patterns and fractals with both eyes closed as open... am I the only one?

Any advice? I love the visuals but I wish I could experience what so many people count as a life changing experience

Lo<3

Psyaton,

I would suggest it is not worth trying to chase any type of particular experience from DMT. It is capable of showing/giving us almost anything but the only real guarantee I can discern is surprise.

I have had a textbook mystical experience on DMT. I don't know why it happened other than I really needed it to at that time in my life.

Many times when I smoke a decent dose of DMT it feels downright sacred. It's a very odd feeling that I get in the outside world never.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Work at your own pace. DMT will most likely give you what you need rather than what you think you want or seek. It's sneaky like that.

When I was first working with DMT and finally achieved entity contact I kept expecting them to talk to me because I had listened to so much Terence McKenna. All I got was tinnitis, siren tones and telepathy. I don't think we can expect our experience to be like that of others'. Sometimes it will be and other times it will not. DMT is truly magical.

Try it while on a decent amount of harmalas (or rue or caapi). Or LSD

Smoking it from a perceptual platform like that and perhaps adding in music makes quite a difference but as Pandora said chasing a particular experience isn't usually the right idea either so

I want to chime in to agree with previous posters, that DMT is indeed unpredictable and results vary greatly for different people and in different circumstances.

Chasing some fixation/idea indeed can bring mixed results, but in the end if the subject of the chase is more healthy than unhealthy, I'd say everyone has a right to to whatever they want to do and it's hard to predict what effect it will have on their lives.

In my case I had a very wide range of experiences, but in most cases it wasn't that I asked for a mystical or some particular experiene, it was rather I was unable to resist such experience when it decided to unfold. In simpler words: you will get what you will get.

In terms of potentiating trips, besides already recommended harmalas/LSD, I strongly recommend trying meditating both before and during the trip, on something that catches your attention, like focusing on that particuar something and really diving deep into it with your relaxed but unwavering attention.

universecannon said:
Try it while on a decent amount of harmalas (or rue or caapi). Or LSD

Any kind of rude? or what rue is the specific one?

And should I take it as an infusion, swallowed, smoked? ... thank you so much

Exitwound said:
I want to chime in to agree with previous posters, that DMT is indeed unpredictable and results vary greatly for different people and in different circumstances.

Chasing some fixation/idea indeed can bring mixed results, but in the end if the subject of the chase is more healthy than unhealthy, I'd say everyone has a right to to whatever they want to do and it's hard to predict what effect it will have on their lives.

In my case I had a very wide range of experiences, but in most cases it wasn't that I asked for a mystical or some particular experiene, it was rather I was unable to resist such experience when it decided to unfold. In simpler words: you will get what you will get.

In terms of potentiating trips, besides already recommended harmalas/LSD, I strongly recommend trying meditating both before and during the trip, on something that catches your attention, like focusing on that particuar something and really diving deep into it with your relaxed but unwavering attention.
Muchas gracias, your words really touched me deeply, I must practice meditation more, I am very detached from it, maybe it is one of the reasons.

Lo<3

I think it's all about set&setting: try to create some sort of 'rituals' before the experience, put on shamanic music, lit a candle and so on.
You must enter in the correct mood and attitude in order to get a more spiritual exp, that's why all over the world these substances are taken by shamans in a ritual context with chants, drums, brazers and so on

The bodily treatment effects never fail on me, that 'reset' feeling.

A content connection is optional imho because it may vary from absent to okay to huge to universally important. Like dreams they can mean anything or nothing and all in between.

universecannon said:
Try it while on a decent amount of harmalas (or rue or caapi)
Yes it gives more time for meaning to appear if any.

In my opinion...

With a crazy large dose .. nothing external.. will have much effect .. but with sane doses of light!. Music can help...

As stated above..set and setting..also playing spiritual music during the trip can be helpfull..

Music can heal ..and open doors... by turning on the emotion and fusing into the experiance ...it relaxes... and paints the experiance more !:thumb_up:

Awakening...lakota piano

....... watch full screen

the chosen one..

I second pretty much everything everyone else said. Especially with regard to using harmalas. Really get to know harmalas before you do is my only other recommendation.

Perhaps also going lighter in dose will help you elicit a more spiritual experience for yourself. Sometimes the answer is in the subtle.

All the same, the more you want something specific from DMT, the less likely it is to give it to you. It doesn't like to be dictated to. And as has already been said, and like many entheogens, it gives you what you want more snd more often than what you need.

Don't give up.

One love

Back
Top Bottom