• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Lazyman (Sphere's) Tek Problems

Migrated topic.

Dairy

Rising Star
SWIM has been trying to extract some spice with this tek but has been unsuccessful so far. The problem he is seeing is that the naptha won't separate from the rest of the concoction. He followed the tek to the letter (apparently he messed up somewhere) and is left with a big bowl of brown sludge. Any ideas that he can use to get things working?

Did he use powdered bark or chunky? I have heard quite a few peeps saying they are having problems with lazyman's tek. I think the problem usually being that the surface area is quite large making the layer of naphtha extremely thin. Also, people tend to put too little water in the mix causing the naphtha to get stuck in the mixture.

He can do a few things to help separate the mix. First, he could try adding a bit more water to help allow the mix to separate (if that is the problem). Second, he can try adding some more naphtha, as the amount might leave to small a layer on the top. I have heard others complain about the same thing. If he is using powdered bark, he can pour the whole mix into a thinner container (bottle for example) to allow the naphtha layer to thicken and become easier to pull. Lastly, he could try adding more naoh. This can also help separate the mix.

He has not failed yet and there are almost all ways techniques to help fix what problems may arise. I hope this helps in some way. Later!

Back
Top Bottom