• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Limonene pull from NaOH solution?

Migrated topic.

TheAppleCore

Rising Star
Hey, quick question.

Is it (relatively) safe to use limonene to pull from a polar extract basified with NaOH? Like following a traditional A/B, but substituting limonene for naphtha at the nonpolar solvent step?

Oooops, I'm lazy. *blushes* I just saw the BLAB tek, which pretty much answers my question...

But, now my question is, in step 4A of BLAB, what exactly happens when you mix the limonene and FASI? Are isopropyl alcohol and limonene miscible, or do they form layers?

TheAppleCore said:
Oooops, I'm lazy. *blushes* I just saw the BLAB tek, which pretty much answers my question...

But, now my question is, in step 4A of BLAB, what exactly happens when you mix the limonene and FASI? Are isopropyl alcohol and limonene miscible, or do they form layers?

FASI is miscible with the limonene. As you add small increments of FASI to the limonene, xtals should start to crash out of the limo, eventually settling on the bottom of the jar minus afew floaters.

Tattvamasi said:
TheAppleCore said:

FASI is miscible with the limonene. As you add small increments of FASI to the limonene, xtals should start to crash out of the limo, eventually settling on the bottom of the jar minus afew floaters.

Is this the same with FASA and FASW? and can they all be used with limo? I've been searching trying to find the plus and negatives of each but can't find much info.

I'm leaning toward FASI as blab specifies it I'm curious as to its advantage over FASW or FASA

Back
Top Bottom