• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Limonene STB

Migrated topic.

VisualDistortion

Rising Star
My buddy SWIM is gonna do another STB extraction using limonene. He knows that limonene pulls all the alkoloids and is okay with that. He also knows that it doesn't evap completely but decided that smoking citrus oil has to be more enjoyable than the taste of burnt tires. He does want to know what the look and consistency of the final product should be. Orange crayon right?

Also SWIM's understanding is that in a STB the ph is really high because it needs to break down the plant material. So if he made his basified water/lye/bark solution and let it sit overnight, could he add more water without adding more lye to fill the container more? He ask this because he has a HDPE container with a tapered neck, and 3400ml of water + 200 grams MHRB + the lye = just enough room for 200ml of solvent. This makes it really easy to siphon off the solvent.

VisualDistortion said:
My buddy SWIM is gonna do another STB extraction using limonene. He knows that limonene pulls all the alkoloids and is okay with that. He also knows that it doesn't evap completely but decided that smoking citrus oil has to be more enjoyable than the taste of burnt tires. He does want to know what the look and consistency of the final product should be. Orange crayon right?

I figured someone would tackle these questions, but since no one has, I’ll give it a go.

The extract is going to be sort of amber colored. Most people salt out the alkaloids from the d-limonene (orange oil) which helps purify the product a lot. This can be done with a small amount of vinegar. Let’s say you had 300 ml of d-limonene. 3 pulls with 25 ml of white vinegar each would get out 95% off all the DMT and leave behind a lot of impurities. Then you’d evaporate your vinegar to get sticky DMT acetate.

From there, you could freebase the DMT acetate using varies different methods.

VisualDistortion said:
Also SWIM's understanding is that in a STB the ph is really high because it needs to break down the plant material. So if he made his basified water/lye/bark solution and let it sit overnight, could he add more water without adding more lye to fill the container more? He ask this because he has a HDPE container with a tapered neck, and 3400ml of water + 200 grams MHRB + the lye = just enough room for 200ml of solvent. This makes it really easy to siphon off the solvent.

Seriously, I don’t recommend using lye. Do a dry tech using edible calcium hydroxide (hydrated lime). I posted how to do it somewhere on this forum. You will get better yields with a dry tech using calcium hydroxide and it isn’t as dangerous. For 100 grams of finely powdered mimosa, you add 25 grams of calcium hydroxide and just enough water to make the mix a little wet, but not soggy. You mix it for about 5 minutes. Then you pull with 150-300 ml of d-limonene three times, each time thoroughly mixing it and letting it sit a few hours. With a dry tech, there’s no water layer to deal with so DMT extracts better.

Is it possible to saturate limonene with fumaric acid? SWIM is thinking he might just want to keep it as DMT fumurate so he can experiment with pharmahuasca, hypothetically speaking.

VisualDistortion said:
Is it possible to saturate limonene with fumaric acid? SWIM is thinking he might just want to keep it as DMT fumurate so he can experiment with pharmahuasca, hypothetically speaking.

May I ask why you need DMT fumurate for your pharmahuasca?

SWIM guesses he doesn't need it, but is is stable and should precipitate out of the limonene. It won't turn to dmt n-oxide as he understands it if he dries it under a fan. Plus SWIM enjoys the chemistry and thinks this would be a good way to gain experience with this technique. Plus he would also get to tell you guys if a FASL precip works.

Back
Top Bottom