• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Making lime for snuff

Migrated topic.

Dorge

Chen Cho Dorge
OG Pioneer
I've been told by the Curandero I was working with that the lime I was working with was too harsh (the pink stuff from Asian Markets) and that the best for snuff was what was worked with for coca leaf. Vegetable lime, rendered vegetable ashes. Ive heard of many different ingredients used, banana skins, quinoa, cocao husks, potato skins. The plant matter is burned and ash is mixed with water and dried.
Has any one done this I wanna try it!

so dry out the vegetable material and just light it up and burn down to ash? mix that with water and let it dry out again and you've got lipta?

Seems easy enough, I think I'm gonna give this a try too :)

I'm definitely interested in this.

I have made a few snuffs, some with regular calcium hydroxide, some with no base, and some with baking soda. They are all fine, but I know that the traditional way that snuffs are made are by using the ashes of a different plant, just never really got around to trying it.

tigerstrike92 said:

I have made a few snuffs, some with regular calcium hydroxide, some with no base, and some with baking soda. They are all fine, but I know that the traditional way that snuffs are made are by using the ashes of a different plant, just never really got around to trying it.

Calcinated plants are used in Spagyric Alchemy as practiced by Paracelsus.

numbersix said:
tigerstrike92 said:

Calcinated plants are used in Spagyric Alchemy as practiced by Paracelsus.

Very true and an interesting point... The spagyric sliders could in some cases be more effective do to the more basic nature of the medicinals in the tincture. The "salts" are intended to allow the entire plant to be ingested in the medicine, the whole corpse...

Back
Top Bottom