• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

"Manifesting the Mind" - 10th Annual Bioethics Forum

Migrated topic.

Kartikay

Rising Star
Mark your calenders! On April 28-29, the 10th Annual Bioethics Forum is being held in Madison, WI at the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center.

Last year, the forum ("Taking the Measuer of the Magic Mirror") had guests such as Dennis McKenna, Roland Griffiths, Peter Russell and a bunch of other amazing scientists and explorers of consciousness.

Check out this year's confirmed presenters (more will be added as the year goes on) at http://www.btci.org/bioethics/default.html You can also watch videos of last year's presentations.

If you're in the states or even outside of it, this event is worth your while. I went last year and it was an amazing gathering of psychonauts who insist on applying hard science to the topic.

hm, that link doesn't work for me...
I'd love to come but I think the trip is a bit far for my budget. Hope some other nexians make it though :)

Just putting some updates here:

The subjects to be discussed have been finalized. This year’s Bioethics Forum covers a wide range of topics:

-ethnobotany
-the savant syndrome
-sleep, dream and wakefulness states
-near death experiences
-neurotransmitters
-quantum perspectives
-recent clinical studies of the therapeutic effects of entheogens

The presenter list has vastly expanded, to include my favorite scientists like Roland Griffiths and Franz X. Vollenweider.

Last year, Franz had a huge amount of unpublished research to show us that blew my mind, and Roland Griffiths announced a vast array of new psilocybin studies he just had approved at John's Hopkins University. I can't wait to see what they bring back!

The full list is as follows:

Richard J. Davidson, Ph.D. (Director, Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior; Director, Laboratory for Affective Neuroscience; William James and Vilas Research Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin-Madison)

Wade Davis, Ph.D. (Anthropologist/Ethnobotanist; Explorer-in-Residence, National Geographic)

Roland Griffiths, Ph.D. (Professor of Behavioral Biology, Departments of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine)

Kathleen (Kat) Harrison (Ethnobotanist)

William Linton (Chairman & CEO, Promega Corporation)

Jeremy Narby, Ph.D. (Anthropologist/Writer, Nouvelle Planète)

David E. Nichols, Ph.D. (Robert C. and Charlotte P. Anderson Distinguished Chair, Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Purdue University)

Sam Parnia, M.D., Ph.D., MRCP (Founder & Director, Human Consciousness Project, University of Southampton, U.K; Fellow, Fellow, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York)

Steve Paulson (Executive Producer, To The Best of Our Knowledge, Wisconsin Public Radio and Public Radio International)

Stephen Ross, M.D. (Assistant Professor, New York University, Langone Medical Center)

Henry Stapp, Ph.D. (Researcher, Physics Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)

Giulio Tononi, M.D., Ph.D. (Professor of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin- Madison)

Darold A. Treffert, M.D. (Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health)

Franz X. Vollenweider, M.D. (Professor, University Hospital of Psychiatry; Director, Neuropsychopharmacology and Brain Imaging & Heffter Research Center Zurich)

Tickets go on sale on February 1st! I'd be glad to split the cost of a hotel room if others are going. PM me :)

Back
Top Bottom