• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Mason jar question

_bryan

Rising Star
Hi folks,

I put a mason jar of liquid in the freezer to do the 3x freeze/thaw precipitation.

The first time it was fine. But the second time it cracked.

Does anyone know of a product like a mason jar but that won't crack?

V/r,
Bryan

I think most people use a pyrex baking dish, preferably with a lid (if no lid, use plastic- or alu-foil to cover)
Pyrex is low-thermal-expansion borosilicate glass and the shape is also good, as its wide so the liquid wont be too high
pyrexbakingdish.png

Possible also: Wrap a plastic bag around the lid with a rubber band to avoid pressure building up inside from the liquid expanding due to freezing.

Pyrex is good glass for freezing but a scale is not a good shape for freeze/thaw precipitation with brew, the more vertical the better.

Possible also: Wrap a plastic bag around the lid with a rubber band to avoid pressure building up inside from the liquid expanding due to freezing.

Pyrex is good glass for freezing but a scale is not a good shape for freeze/thaw precipitation with brew, the more vertical the better.
Hmm, I am a bit confused, is it to freeze/thaw the brew, or is it to precipitate the dmt out of the naphtha?
For precipitating dmt, a mason jar shape would be pretty cumbersome to scrape out, right?
For a freeze/thaw cycle, I was thinking about plastic bottles, slightly pinched, then screwed close. That way they can expand enough on freezing. I know the plastic is somewhat dubious, but I thínk that its only bad for base liquids, pH neutral and acid are pretty safe in pet-bottles, please correct me if I am wrong.

Hmm, I am a bit confused, is it to freeze/thaw the brew, or is it to precipitate the dmt out of the naphtha?
Tbe thread is in the aya section and he wants to freeze/thaw 3 times which as far as I know would be redundant with DMT and naphta, so he's most likely talking about aya brew.

Regarding plastic, I don't know enough to have an opinion!

I can explain.

Yes it's for ayahuasca.

My first brew had "sediment" which I drank & makes me sick. Someone suggested freeze/thaw 3 times for precipitation and then "decanting" which is pour out the liquid and leave the "sediment" behind.

I bought some mason jar spouts for pouring from the jar for the decanting.

I do have a large 4-cup pyrex measuring dish, I could use cling wrap for a lid and freeze that thing I guess?

I think most people use a pyrex baking dish, preferably with a lid (if no lid, use plastic- or alu-foil to cover)
Pyrex is low-thermal-expansion borosilicate glass and the shape is also good, as its wide so the liquid wont be too high
View attachment 99332
Are you saying I would scrape the bad stuff out of the bottom?

If so, any advice on pouring the jurema tea back into something to mix with the caapi?

Back
Top Bottom