• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Medicinal or otherwise interesting plants that thrive in shade?

Migrated topic.

Ginkgo

Rising Star
Hey everyone!

I'm currently planning what seeds that should be sown this spring. I am constantly extending my collection of medicinal, entheogenic, edible, spice and otherwise interesting and unusual plants. This year I want to continue on a mission I started last year, which was to find more suitable plants for indoors.

My windows are already packed to the edge (and a bit over), so what I am looking for now is plants that tolerate shade well. They must tolerate total or nearly total shade, as they will only get indirect sunlight from windows. Not to mention that I live in a country with very little sun during the winter, and I would of course prefer it if the plants survive this.

So, any suggestions out there? I am, at least currently, only looking for plants that have some beneficial value - either as medicine, entheogen, food or spice - but also plants with an unusual apparency or otherwise interesting qualities.

All suggestions and thoughts are highly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Maybe get a Coleus? I've seen them a lot in garden shops being sold as houseplants. They're pretty too!

Back
Top Bottom