• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Mescaline dosage question

bishop9

Rising Star
Hi. I am looking to do mescaline for the first time but am unclear about dosage. Everything I read says about 400-500mg (1/2g) would be a heavy/ intense experience.

[[REDACTED BY MOD]]

Can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are a little confused. 400mg to 500mg is the average dose (depending on salt form) of pure mescaline. A alcohol extract or resin extract would require a bit of a higher dose and eating the powderised dry green skin of the cactus would indeed (assuming its say, 1.5% mescaline by weight) require 50g to consume to equate to roughly 450mg of pure mescaline.

Edit: The raw cactus powder may not be green skin (which contains the highest mescaline count) it could also be whole cactus, dried and powderised.

Last edited:
Is it the green skin of the cactus though? If it is processed but scooping out the inside the way it is normally done, are we still talking about the same thing?

Also, I have about 50g of mescaline in paste format. Does it make sense to convert this to powder or should I just drink it ? Or I guess I could
Put the paste in a capsule and eat it. At that point am I looking at 1/2 g per dose ? Because eating 50g of that paste seems like a lot.

Also worth noting on the powder :
“By focusing exclusively on the flesh of the San Pedro Cactus and eschewing the thorns and core, we ensure a product of unmatched purity, sun-dried to perfection.”

Is it the green skin of the cactus though? If it is processed but scooping out the inside the way it is normally done, are we still talking about the same thing?

Also, I have about 50g of mescaline in paste format. Does it make sense to convert this to powder or should I just drink it ? Or I guess I could
Put the paste in a capsule and eat it. At that point am I looking at 1/2 g per dose ? Because eating 50g of that paste seems like a lot.

Also worth noting on the powder :
“By focusing exclusively on the flesh of the San Pedro Cactus and eschewing the thorns and core, we ensure a product of unmatched purity, sun-dried to perfection.”

I had some of sp paste once, I tried in several ranges and learned that 50g of it was needed for a full experience.

I just let it dissolute in water, which took about an hour while stirring here and there.

The taste was not that bad, tasted a lot like vinegar, possibly due to its production ptocess - I drank everything (maybe 250 mL) - would do it the same way next time.

Hello @bishop9,

As you've already gotten some decent advice above, I will only leave a link to PsychonautWiki's entry for Mescaline for your reference, where you can find more info regarding dosage and other things.

Also, you will notice I've modified your post a little bit and removed the attached image. The reason for this edit you can find in our Attitude Page, specifically point 2.2

Good luck on your journeys, and remember - always test the substances you ingest which you have not extracted yourself! (y)

Back
Top Bottom