• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Metastudy: Cacao Cognitive Benefits

Migrated topic.

CosmicLion

Established member
Effects of chocolate on cognitive function in healthy adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis on clinical trials

"Cognitive function is defined as performance in objective tasks that need conscious mind effort. It has been shown that consuming foods rich in flavanols causes neurobiological effects and improves learning, memory, and global cognitive function.

"of the initial 340 articles identified, seven trials met the eligibility criteria. Chronic chocolate intake significantly reduced executive function time (WMD: -11.77, 95% CI: -22.49, -1.05, p = 0.03) of the participants. Further, the language and executive function (WMD: 6.38, 95% CI: 5.97, 6.80, p < 0.001) was raised by 6.38 times after the intervention with chocolate."

"It is concluded that daily consumption of cocoa may provide short and middle-term effects on young adults and make them better cognitive performance in learning, memory, and attention."

:thumb_up:

Loveall said:
Anyone got the full article? I can't get it from sci-hub. Thanks!

As I'm a true believer of open science I included a PDF copy (be aware that it are print screens of the originals because I had to delete my institution's watermark)

Attachments

• Effects+of+chocolate+on+congnitive+function.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom