• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

My children..

Migrated topic.

Dreamwalker

Rising Star
Just like any proud papa I couldn't resist to share a photo of my little ones. They grow up so fast...

There are two Salvias and a couple of san pedro. I've got a few more orphans coming my way soon so the family is still growing!

Attachments

• children2.jpg
    children2.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 0
  • girl.jpg
    girl.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 0
Thank you so much! I've got a couple Psychotria viridis headed my way. As well as two more Salvia and a few smaller San Pedros. They are Orphans that I'm fortunate enough to be able to care for.

I'll post more as the family grows!

Dreamwalker

Such beautiful pictures, you should be a proud papa as thoughs guys look super happy and loved. Nice one brother...

Much Peace and Happiness

Thanks man, your right I already am surprised at how fast there growing! I leave them outside in the shade all day and they seem to love it.

On occasion I have to bring them inside when we have a really bad storm. I noticed that little gnats are super attracted to the soil and can be annoying when the plants are indoors. I learned that an inch of sand on top of the soil helped tremendously at controlling them.

So far so good I guess!

Dreamwalker said:
Thanks man, your right I already am surprised at how fast there growing! I leave them outside in the shade all day and they seem to love it.

On occasion I have to bring them inside when we have a really bad storm. I noticed that little gnats are super attracted to the soil and can be annoying when the plants are indoors. I learned that an inch of sand on top of the soil helped tremendously at controlling them.

So far so good I guess!

Those gnats are called fungus gnats. They arrive when the soil is too moist. The sand trick definitely helps the problem. Your plants are gorgeous though. You've inspired me to take some pics of my "children" and post them on here.8)

Yes those little fungus gnats can be quite annoying. I try to let the soil dry out between watering but the second I do water them the gnats are attracted to them right away. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to bring them in the house on occasion.

The sand has helped a lot but not 100%. I'm not complaining though. At least I haven't had to deal with the usual suspects as of yet. (White flies, spider mites or aphids) *knock on wood*

If you've got some pictures of your own I'd love to see them!

Dreamwalker said:
Yes those little fungus gnats can be quite annoying. I try to let the soil dry out between watering but the second I do water them the gnats are attracted to them right away. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to bring them in the house on occasion.
Here's the natural solution to pests: spiders. Whenever I find a little jumping spider inside, I gather it up and put it on a salvia plant. The spiders are happy, salvia is happy, and I'm happy! (The gnats aren't so happy.)

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0
Ahh... Not a bad idea. There are plenty of those little guys around here.

Now I just gotta wrangle a few of those up and give em' a new home.

Some of my ever growing family... I'll post the baby first.
including some lotuses, mex cubes...

Attachments

• IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    411.4 KB · Views: 0
last post was a brugmansia mobisu and an outlook of one balcony, there are salvias divinorum, some white henbane, solanum nigrum, datura inoxia, brugmansia sanguinea, some holy basil, wormwood, Acmella oleracea, echinacea augustifilia, mimosa pudica, peruvian torch and many others on the other balcony..

Attachments

• IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
These last two shots were Ashwagandha plant and some of the famous peyoltl.

<3 growing life !

WOW!!! You've got quite the magic garden there.

Everything looks amazing! You've definitely inspired me to expand my collection.

Very nice!!

If you have gnats in your soil try mixing some diatomaceous earth with the sand as your top layer.

Fractal, plz do !!
Actually I tried many times to pst some but had trouble uploading. I like pics from plants.
Good thing to share. All positive energy !

Fractal: Yes, please do post pics of your plants I'd like to see too!

r0m: Those are some beautiful cacti you've got going there.
They go perfect against that cool painting in the background.

elru: Thanks for the tip about the diatomaceous earth. I'll definitely look into that!

Back
Top Bottom