• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Nature Experiences Reduce Stress

Migrated topic.

Loveall

Established member
Donator
It's been said many times before here at the nexus: being in nature is healing.

Here is a press release for new research showing the reduction in stress hormones from being in nature for only 20 minutes.

Title of paper: Urban Nature Experiences Reduce Stress in the Context of Daily Life Based on Salivary Biomarkers.

Frontiers in Psychology, 2019; 10 DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2019.00722

Attachments

• 103389%40fpsyg201900722.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I decided awhile back not to trip indoors anymore. The best experiences for me have come in nature, disconnected from technology. A night by a campfire, under the moon and stars... Nothing better.

Grey Fox said:
I decided awhile back not to trip indoors anymore. The best experiences for me have come in nature, disconnected from technology. A night by a campfire, under the moon and stars... Nothing better.
I also find that being out there, in nature, brings out the best in almost any psychedelic.

Nature is alive, it is vibrant and full of energy.

Loveall said:
It's been said many times before here at the nexus: being in nature is healing.

Here is a press release for new research showing the reduction in stress hormones from being in nature for only 20 minutes.

Title of paper: Urban Nature Experiences Reduce Stress in the Context of Daily Life Based on Salivary Biomarkers.

Frontiers in Psychology, 2019; 10 DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2019.00722
There are probably many factors contributing to these stress reducing effects, like the absence of traffic, pollution and noise.

But i think there is another factor. In a "kurzgesagt" video it is said that people who live in a beautiful city, are happier than people who live in an ugly city.
And the reason for this is that a lack of variety in visual stimuli, also causes stress.

So it is not just too much stimuli that can cause stress, but also a lack of stimuli, or a lack of variety in the stimuli we're being exposed to, too much of the same thing, that causes stress.

Well, urban environments just tend to be more monotonous. Unfortunately that is just the way it is. Even the most beautiful historic cities do not have the same degree of variation and richness in visual content as a forest.

The nature experience can be somewhat replicated in a backyard if the landscaping is right. Getting away from street lights and noise can be hard though. But it is still better than indoors most of the time.

At this point I only trip in nature away from people and man-made objects.
If you haven't done it this way I highly recommend it .

Back
Top Bottom