• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

need help getting into cacti first time don't know where to start?

Migrated topic.

Al-Wasi

Rising Star
Thread says it all. Never done mescaline or messed with cactus and don't no where to start. Thinking brigj but have no idea what makes for potent cactus and whetheri should get cutting or what not.

If you can hang tight for another week or so, the upcoming Nexian#2 has an excellent article by Hostilis that is essentially just the getting-started info that you are looking for.

There are multiple approaches you could take, some more applicable than others, depending what your goals are. You'd have to decide what you're looking to get out of your endeavors into cacti cultivation at the end of the day.

For instance,

wakeup said:
.... have no idea what makes for potent cactus and whetheri should get cutting or what not.

Cacti can be potent in numerous ways (Not only regarding alkaloid content). For me personally, cacti have proved to be potent question generators (here specifically related to my own research).

All the best with whichever route you decide to go.

The upcoming Hostilis article is focused specifically on producing a high alkaloid content... It's short, well written and informative. Stay tuned.

Can't wait to read the Article!

My first cacti experience was AWESOME! I've taken a smaller dose 2 times since then. I'm sold for life.... :)

According to some folks on here, the San Pedro I used was a PC clone, meaning it likely had lower alk content. I still had a BLAST!

I have some peruvian torch and and bridgesii on the way - hopefully the middle or end of next week.

I have peyote - and actually acquired my little peyote loves before I ever tried mescaline - but I can't bring myself to even consider eating the buttons. They are my pals.

A lot can be learned from observing an organism like a cactus. Ironically, mescaline is a very stable molecule with a high boiling point, and does not easily oxidize.... this, to me, is the most interesting part of the cacti experience. Observing, taking part in, and becoming aware of Evolutionary traits that have developed in these organisms that stand the test of time.... Drought? no worries. Low nutrient content in the soil? Not an issue. Insects and pests? Nah, not many threats. Animals that prey on them? Not many, thorns hurt!

Hope the article helps you. Should be out soon!

Acaciaconfusedya, if you had a blast with PC pachanoi, then you'll be blown away by bridgesii. :)

AcaciaConfusedYah said:
Can't wait to read the Article!

My first cacti experience was AWESOME! I've taken a smaller dose 2 times since then. I'm sold for life.... :)

According to some folks on here, the San Pedro I used was a PC clone, meaning it likely had lower alk content. I still had a BLAST!

I have some peruvian torch and and bridgesii on the way - hopefully the middle or end of next week.

I have peyote - and actually acquired my little peyote loves before I ever tried mescaline - but I can't bring myself to even consider eating the buttons. They are my pals.

A lot can be learned from observing an organism like a cactus. Ironically, mescaline is a very stable molecule with a high boiling point, and does not easily oxidize.... this, to me, is the most interesting part of the cacti experience. Observing, taking part in, and becoming aware of Evolutionary traits that have developed in these organisms that stand the test of time.... Drought? no worries. Low nutrient content in the soil? Not an issue. Insects and pests? Nah, not many threats. Animals that prey on them? Not many, thorns hurt!
Can I ask how you consumed your Pedro?

I've made a resin each time - following house's tek (where is he? Does anyone know? Is he okay?). Since my last post, I've aquired some Peruvian torch and bridgesii. I made more resin and some tea(that was mixed with mushroom tea) out of the Bridgesii and a small amount of torch.

Holy cow. What a difference. The San Pedro was a great experience, but my last cacti journey was Monday night - and completely blew the SP out of the water.

I consumed a very small amount of the resin that I made out of the Bridgesii - about the size of a marble. what a euphoric experience! I could not stop laughing. That hasn't happened in quite a few years. Usually, I'm pretty quiet and focused when I bond with the molecules from plants. This time, it was like a full body orgasm and total pleasure.

I have not tried pure mescaline HCl, but I'll look into that process next. I'm sold.

Here's a little thing I made out of a Ganoderma sp. mushroom, just for fun. And to say thanks to the cacti.

Hostilis - great article! Thanks for putting that together for us. It was really well written

Attachments

• 20140723_165817.jpg
    20140723_165817.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
The article was great in the new issue of the nexus magazine.

I'm truly excited to try mescaline when the time comes. I've akwyas wanted to but could never get it so I decid d to grow my own. I have peyote and bridgesii both that just sprouted in the past month. I know it will be awhile before I can consume them but j will wait patiently.

One question about the experience though. I always heard a peyote trip lasted three days when I was younger. From what I read many people don't like how long it lasts but nothing I've read really explains how.long the duration really is. I know its dose dependent but let's say I took 500mg. How long can I expect the peak to last and then the entire experience.

wakeup said:
One question about the experience though. I always heard a peyote trip lasted three days when I was younger. From what I read many people don't like how long it lasts but nothing I've read really explains how.long the duration really is. I know its dose dependent but let's say I took 500mg. How long can I expect the peak to last and then the entire experience.
I have never heard of a mescaline experience that lasted more than 12-13 hours or so. Of course, that doesn't mean it has never happened, just that it isn't particularly common. I have however heard of people participating in peyote ceremonies in which multiple doses are consumed over the course of several days.

AcaciaConfusedYah said:
I've made a resin each time - following house's tek (where is he? Does anyone know? Is he okay?). Since my last post, I've aquired some Peruvian torch and bridgesii. I made more resin and some tea(that was mixed with mushroom tea) out of the Bridgesii and a small amount of torch.

Holy cow. What a difference. The San Pedro was a great experience, but my last cacti journey was Monday night - and completely blew the SP out of the water.

I consumed a very small amount of the resin that I made out of the Bridgesii - about the size of a marble. what a euphoric experience! I could not stop laughing. That hasn't happened in quite a few years. Usually, I'm pretty quiet and focused when I bond with the molecules from plants. This time, it was like a full body orgasm and total pleasure.

I have not tried pure mescaline HCl, but I'll look into that process next. I'm sold.

Here's a little thing I made out of a Ganoderma sp. mushroom, just for fun. And to say thanks to the cacti.

Hostilis - great article! Thanks for putting that together for us. It was really well written
Thanks for the info! I am always wondering how I might finally consume some cactus when the time comes. I have eaten some of my pedro but it tasted so awful I had to stop. I don't think I even ate 6 inches of it. Sounds like a tough break but well worth it in the end. I love entheogens and have been longing for a proper mescaline experience.

It's nice to watch a beautiful, glaucous cactus grow, as well :).

edit: I like your cactus painting on the rock. Creativity is always welcome!

Back
Top Bottom