• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Need help IDing mushrooms

Migrated topic.

G_rambo

Rising Star
Ok so last night I came upon some mushrooms,so I asked my friend who has went picking before and he said I have the right ones but I dont completely trust him so I was hoping to get a second opinion on the Nexus :).

I dont have a camera right now and I will be posting pictures ASAP because i'm suppose to be going to a concert in clemson today and hopefully ill have them up in the next 2 hours...

The location where I found them was a cow field in south carolina with black angus cows on them, they are grain fed.

The cap of the mushroom is grayish black and the gills on the in side are competely black and very slimy, to explain every time I touch my finger and slide it up ive got a black residue on my finger...

The stems are about the same color as the cap but a lot lighter and has some white in it.
They could have possibly of been alot whiter before I've been handling them

The whole mushrooms length in roughly about 2 inches from stem to cap and a couple others vary in size but all are about the same length.

I know any answer given will not be indefinite but possibly you could name some species and I can look them up.

All feedback will be much appreciated :)

Attachments

• Gill+001.JPG
    Gill+001.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Gill+002.JPG
    Gill+002.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Gill+003.JPG
    Gill+003.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Gill+004.JPG
    Gill+004.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 0
Glad I didnt trust my friend! I guess ill just have a bad night but atleast i'll be here tomorrow to live it!
Thanks for all the fast feedback

Back
Top Bottom